• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.24)
2018/04/04 22:26:42
dubdisciple
I am pretty excited about this.  Going to give it a whirl and introduce to students
2018/04/04 22:29:48
bodhi65

thepianist65
 I also had to change a couple of default file locations, because while it "migrated" my preferences, it added the subfolder of Cakewalk Core, so I copied and pasted the stuff (track templates, project templates, etc.) to the current locations and now they are all there and accessible. 

Thank you,

This was very helpful.  I opened up the cakewalk content file explorer and the Sonar Platinum file explorer side by side.  I was able to copy and paste the Project Templates, Tutorial Projects, and FX chain presets from my old copy of SPLAT to the New Cakewalk Core files of the same name.

Thanks agian and another testimony to this great community.  Bandland saw the real value of Cakewalk and that is its loyal and wonderful community, along with some wonderful Bakers.

Best,
Alan
2018/04/04 22:30:33
scook
HARDDRlVER

3. He mentioned some of the 3rd party plugins have been stripped from the new version.
Again, I'm not certain what that means.
Plugins that were integral to cakewalk or outside 3rd party plugins?
When I purchased splat, I received Melodyne essentials and xlnaudio drumkits.
Am I losing those?
I might have missed it, but is there any info on exactly what was stripped from splat?

BandLab Cakewalk does not include most of the plug-ins and content bundled with SONAR. This is why they recommend leaving SONAR installed. Full retail versions of Melodyne and XLN Addictive Drums bundled with SONAR are registered and managed by their manufacturer's. BandLab does not change that.
2018/04/04 22:34:28
HARDDRlVER
Lol.
I just went to Bandlab main page to read the official statement and got a 505 page error, several times.
I also tried to do the Bandlab app to my phone and get the error that 'this is associated with a different type of account'
2018/04/04 22:37:03
doncolga
I just completed download, installation and scan in less that 10 minutes.  That was awesome.  Running it right now.  Well done.
2018/04/04 22:37:15
RockinMillie
Thanks for this free update.
Please provide an off-line alternative for authorisation though...

2018/04/04 22:41:14
fjz
scook
To take advantage of the plug-ins bundled with SONAR Professional, leave it installed and run the BandLab Cakewalk installer. BandLab Cakewalk is not the full SONAR Platinum package with all the plug-ins an content, just the Platinum version of the program which will include the Quad Curve EQ w/ zoom (unlike Professional).

Does this apply to the X3e Producer version as well?  For example, I have the versions of Melodyne and AD2 that were included with X3e Producer. Will these work with the new BandLab  version if I keep X3 installed?

fj
2018/04/04 22:41:30
Bassopottomous
Which 3rd party plugins have been removed?
2018/04/04 22:42:49
tobiaslindahl
pentimentosound
At first I had 315 plugs upon opening CBL (of 821), so I rescanned and now have 715. Would some of the missing ones be 32 bit versions?
Michael

I have nothing to add in terms of your question(sorry) , other than teh fact you have an INSANE amount of plugins!
Over 800 ?!  Dear lord, I haven't even passed through to the 3-digit level yet :)
2018/04/04 22:44:03
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
JoeGBradford
I got this message when I tried to run Bandlab Assistant - I assume I can ignore this?!  Windows Defender 'SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.'

Joe yeah you can ignore that. It happens because Microsoft's Smartscreen algorithm works on a "guilty until proven innocent" policy and warns the user about any new program until the program gains "trust".
This warning will stop after many users download and install it. To ignore the warning, click the "more info" button followed by "Run anyway" and it will override this. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account