• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.28)
2018/04/05 01:42:18
michaelhanson
All smooth here...thank you Meng!
2018/04/05 01:44:56
scook
Toddskins
The big question is, will strangers be able to get the Cakewalk by Bandlab for free, too?

IF they register an account on BandLab.com, can I send them the link to get Cakewalk by BandLab for free?

I'm meeting with 25+ musicians this Saturday for the sole purpose of collaborating on a new CD, but we are all strangers to one another and need a method (BandLab) to collaborate.  Can they use Sonar Platinum via the download?

Yes, it is free to anyone with a BandLab account. Keep in mind while the DAW has the Platinum feature set, it does not include all the plug-ins and instruments. The main page for Cakewalk is here.
2018/04/05 01:46:15
soens
Mine went smoothly xcept for one hitch. Vst scan said my TH3 was bad. Havent verified it yet but so far all is good.
2018/04/05 01:46:28
Daibhidh
Is it possible to get Cakewalk by Bandlab to detect/use the Adaptive Limiter from my previous Platinum install?
I don't see it anywhere...
2018/04/05 01:50:34
scook
Toddskins
When BandLab says you can upload a project for others to work on, what file format are they referring to?

Can you upload a single WAV track as well as several tracks all at once?

Will others need to have Cakewalk by BandLab to be able to edit the project (if I upload a .CWB file and this is possible?), or can they use their own DAW?

This is not BandLab Cakewalk. It is the other BandLab DAW. If you wish to share Cakewalk projects, at this time it will have to happen like SONAR. IOW using bundles or zips of the project and audio files sharing them as before. I expect there will be better sharing in the future. Cakewalk bundles are proprietary and would BandLab Cakewalk or an legacy Cakewalk DAW such as SONAR to open them. IOW, nothing has change with how to collaborate with BandLab Cakewalk yet. It still works like SONAR because it is SONAR with a different name.
2018/04/05 02:15:05
Daibhidh
Well, I solved my Adaptive Limiter problem.
I just had to add
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\cakewalk\x64\vst3\Adaptive Limiter\
To CbB!
2018/04/05 02:22:20
MarianoGF
I guess you have commercial plans for L-Phase EQ and MB, Adaptive Limiter, Dimension, Rapture, Zeta+, etc... Please don't tell us they are discontinued.
2018/04/05 02:31:22
Daibhidh
This version really seems to be running faster and less likely to crash than my previous Steam Platinum edition!!!
Now I've added the directories for the plugins and synths, I'm so happy~!!!

Thank you Bandlab and Meng!
2018/04/05 03:29:44
michael diemer
I see that a new release is already available. Got a pop-up about it on my bottom panel. Says it will be downloaded and installed immediately. I opted for 'remind me later.' Anyone else see this?
2018/04/05 03:41:04
msmcleod
michael diemer
I see that a new release is already available. Got a pop-up about it on my bottom panel. Says it will be downloaded and installed immediately. I opted for 'remind me later.' Anyone else see this?

I got this too - I think it's referring to an update to the BandLab Assistant rather than CbB.

M.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account