• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.29)
2018/04/05 03:47:18
craigr68
michael diemer
I see that a new release is already available. Got a pop-up about it on my bottom panel. Says it will be downloaded and installed immediately. I opted for 'remind me later.' Anyone else see this?

Yes, I clicked to install it.  It opened Bandlab Assistant but I couldn't see anything to update.  Under the Apps tab it said "up to date".  
2018/04/05 03:51:56
scook
I just got the notice
Checked the App Version of BA using the Gear menu. It was 3.0.3
Ran the update
Now at version 3.0.4

Did not check the Cakewalk version before running the update but saw no indication in BA it was updating Cakewalk. Cakewalk is at 24.4.0.13

2018/04/05 04:04:18
DeBro
I upgraded from Sonar Professional and opened a few existing projects and all played flawlessly. I then proceeded to master within a mix and when it came time to export to 16bit wav, I noticed there was no Pow-r Dithering. Oh well, I hope it can be a paid add-on sometime in the future. 
2018/04/05 04:06:57
backwoods
Sonar Lives!!! Thanks Bandlab- Meng and noel. Almost has me excited enough to buy a $50 coffeee mug. May wait till next month :)
2018/04/05 04:09:14
scook
backwoods
Sonar Cakewalk Lives!!!

fixed
2018/04/05 04:10:35
michael diemer
scook
I just got the notice
Checked the App Version of BA using the Gear menu. It was 3.0.3
Ran the update
Now at version 3.0.4

Did not check the Cakewalk version before running the update but saw no indication in BA it was updating Cakewalk. Cakewalk is at 24.4.0.13

Ah, that explains it. Thanks scook.
2018/04/05 04:11:29
robbie111222
Paid for lifetime updates for SPLAT and super happy with the install so far.  Thanks Meng!!!   Wouldn't be surprised to see Cakewalk become the most used daw in the world very soon.  This is going to be a Protools and Cubase killer and studios around the world are going to have to adopt it or be left behind.  Very clever strategy Meng.
2018/04/05 04:30:19
craigr68
I noticed after a reboot that Bandlab Assistant opens and stays on the screen until I close it.  I also noticed that there are 3 Bandlab Assistant processes running in Task Manager along with an entry under the Startup Tab named Update (Publisher Github Status Enabled).  I disabled that Startup entry, rebooted, and now the 3 processes are all gone and BA doesn't startup after a reboot.  Anyone else experience this and could we get an explanation of what that's for and whether it's needed?
2018/04/05 04:34:30
bodhi65
I agree that Meng and Noel may be on to a real game changer. It will take a flex/flo strategy with ability to handle postmodern ideologies in an integral age....I digress, I wish them much success in their business model and I am happy to help in any way I can to support software that enables humans to explore their creative potential. I’m all in on this business plan if BandLab can monetize the cakewalk community and have a reasonable response to SoundCloud. I am very interested in supporting this product, company, and ideology.

Deep bows,
Alan
2018/04/05 04:36:07
scook
Yes, it is possible to shut BA down for the session by clicking the gear in the BA UI and quitting from there. Here is a related thread.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account