• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.32)
2018/04/05 08:21:35
julianochrisway
I already made my donation, I really loved how the software is. Fluid, Fast. I took my card and thanked him.
2018/04/05 08:42:07
EnriqueLab
GRACIAS MENK POR ESTE INCREIBLE SERVICIO, GRACIAS BANDLAB POR ESTA HERMOSURA DE CAKEWALK, PERO LA PREGUNTA ¿PORQUE NO RESPETARON EL IDIOMA ESPAÑOL EN ESTA VERSIÓN? SONAR PLATINUM YA LA TENÍA, SERIA DE AGRADECER FACILITARAN LA FORMA DE REGRESAR A MI IDIOMA ESPAÑOL... GRACIAS.
2018/04/05 08:49:19
ZincTrumpet
Lifetime SPlat owner here...

CWBL up and running fine. Only stuff I had to do manually was to set up my VST folder locations and copy over my project templates.

Many thanks Meng, BandLab, Noel and co!

2018/04/05 09:08:06
Skyline_UK
DeBro
I upgraded from Sonar Professional and opened a few existing projects and all played flawlessly. I then proceeded to master within a mix and when it came time to export to 16bit wav, I noticed there was no Pow-r Dithering. Oh well, I hope it can be a paid add-on sometime in the future. 

Wow, good spot.  This is a MAJOR issue.  I'm going back to old Platinum until that's sorted.  I don't understand; surely Pow-r Dithering wasn't a paid 3rd party add-on????  it's been in Sonar for aeons.  What other items have disappeared?  I don't want to just stumble across this sort of bad news.  We should at least be told now what we can expect to have gone missing.
NOEL!!  HELP!!

2018/04/05 09:10:58
elsongs
Sonar Platinum refugee here. Downloaded the new CbB. Everything works albeit with minor (though not damaging) glitches:

- The Bandlab Assistant "Installing..." hung for over an hour. Although I was told on the FB Cakewalk Sonar User Group that I can just install the Cakewalk and Instruments .exe files on my own and Assistant will take over. Check.

- I was missing several of my VSTs, but just realized that my SPLAT installation had three more VST paths, which I replicated in CbB. Check.

- My Sonar Themes did not port over, but all I had to do was copy the themes in my Sonar Themes folder over to my Cakewalk Themes folder, and they show up in the Preferences | Themes dropdown menu. Check.

So far so good.
2018/04/05 09:35:58
Skyline_UK
elsongs - check my post above yours.  Everything in the garden might not be as rosy as we thought.

2018/04/05 09:43:50
whitealbum
How can i change the language from english to german?
Maybe i forgot to choose in the installation process...

2018/04/05 09:58:14
e2studio
Thanks for All
But multilanguage ??
2018/04/05 10:04:26
elsongs
Skyline_UK
elsongs - check my post above yours.  Everything in the garden might not be as rosy as we thought.

Haven't exported a song yet. From the explanation, it sounds like all the 3rd party features we knew in Sonar and the old CWPA that have gone missing would likely be coming back, it's just a matter of Bandlab dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s in terms of legal agreements, as the old Cakewalk Inc. entity is no longer in existence. 
2018/04/05 10:10:52
aidanodr
mhazdra
Google, Windows 10, and Facebook are free. Get the picture?
Cakewalk users are not users anymore, they are now a product.

:D

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account