• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.34)
2018/04/05 13:06:44
JoseC.
EnriqueLab
GRACIAS MENK POR ESTE INCREIBLE SERVICIO, GRACIAS BANDLAB POR ESTA HERMOSURA DE CAKEWALK, PERO LA PREGUNTA ¿PORQUE NO RESPETARON EL IDIOMA ESPAÑOL EN ESTA VERSIÓN? SONAR PLATINUM YA LA TENÍA, SERIA DE AGRADECER FACILITARAN LA FORMA DE REGRESAR A MI IDIOMA ESPAÑOL... GRACIAS.

Hola, Enrique. Yo uso la versión en inglés, pero por lo que dicen arriba puedes probar a cambiar el idioma en las opciones del Cakewalk Control Center si lo tienes aún instalado.
2018/04/05 14:19:04
igiwigi
Hi
My view Is you get nothing for free and I am a little confused here.
There has got to be a payment somewhere down the line.

Do I now unload the Sonar Platinum Cakewalk centre and uninstall all my stuff to reload with Bandlab assistant.??

If I use the Bandlab assistant  and log in with facebook or Google, then all and sundrae can download a £400 program for free!!!! So where is the profit for Bandlab.
Surely the previous owners of Platinum will have a personal codes to enter.
I do not want to make a mistake on my new computer or mess up what I already have, so i need to be sure of what Is going on.

Surely only previous owners of Sonar can download this product and not open to all.
I keep hearing the word free and there has got to be a catch somewhere.TELL ME!!!.
I am not doubting Bandlabs Intentions, but I need some clarity and steps to take before being happy.

All the Best
John

2018/04/05 14:36:27
AT
Nothing is free - which is why BandLab seems to be stripping out FX/Synths that they can then sell as add ons.  I imagine they are thinking of a whole different market place - get people to download the free DAW, then sell them VST/VSTis, loops etc.  Much like Kontakt or live packs etc.   Their price is buying and writing off SONAR as a DAW only.  Except they can add a few extras like Rapt Pro II and SSL channel strip and sell that version of SONAR, hopefully to a whole lot more people enticed through the BandLab site.  And that are just some of my ideas, and I don't have an MBA.

Plus, they hope you use their website as social media where you are the product.  Are you happy know about how they could make money off you now and you still come out ahead and happy, John?
2018/04/05 15:30:36
aidanodr
igiwigi
Hi
My view Is you get nothing for free and I am a little confused here.
There has got to be a payment somewhere down the line.

Do I now unload the Sonar Platinum Cakewalk centre and uninstall all my stuff to reload with Bandlab assistant.??

If I use the Bandlab assistant  and log in with facebook or Google, then all and sundrae can download a £400 program for free!!!! So where is the profit for Bandlab.
Surely the previous owners of Platinum will have a personal codes to enter.
I do not want to make a mistake on my new computer or mess up what I already have, so i need to be sure of what Is going on.

Surely only previous owners of Sonar can download this product and not open to all.
I keep hearing the word free and there has got to be a catch somewhere.TELL ME!!!.
I am not doubting Bandlabs Intentions, but I need some clarity and steps to take before being happy.

All the Best
John

No .. leave your SPLAT as is and CCC

Just load the BL Assistant app ( login with your Bandlab Account ) and install BL Cakewalk ONLY. Do not install the optional instruments, you have those already. BL Cakewalk installs in its own directory under program files seperate from SPLAT.

When creating a Bnadlab account use the same email address that you used for here - Cakewalk legacy account. Going forward this shows BL what software you bought from Cakewalk so as to probably offer paid upgrades to previous owners of those extra plugins you might own like Rapture, Z3TA etc. These were never going to be free anyway

2018/04/05 15:31:14
bladetragic
Should I install additional content if I already have all that stuff on my system?  I'm sure this has been asked already somehwere.  Just haven't seen they answer yet.

Edit:  Looks like it was just answer above as soon as I posted. Lol.
2018/04/05 15:31:29
Teksonik
I couldn't get it out of Demo Mode despite repeatedly following the instructions. Yes I have an BandLab account. Yes I used the same email as my CW account. Yes I installed it exactly per instructions. However I have uninstalled the Bandlab Assistant and CW program due to its intrusive nature. This is from the Startup tab of the Win 10 Task Manager. Even after uninstalling everything I had to manually delete the Github updater and a lot of the leftover CW content (not personal files but generic content). I appreciate the generosity of Bandlab although I do already own Sonar X3 but it's pretty sloppy implementation. I do not need Bandlab Assistant and Github update program running at startup and yes I know I can block them from within Windows. Very intrusive setup and potentially a security risk (Github). I'd pay a small fee to upgrade my Sonar X3 but without all the bloatware.

2018/04/05 16:01:07
WallyG
msmcleod

I got this too - I think it's referring to an update to the BandLab Assistant rather than CbB.
M.

I have to admit, I like "CbB" better that "Splat"...

Walt
2018/04/05 16:04:54
Adderoo
I have downloaded and installed Cakewalk by BandLab without issues, next to my existing - most recent - Platinum version. It seems to work all ok and is recognizing the Cakewalk Sonar only plugins such as Adaptive Limiter.

Great to see that Sonar breaths again..!

Looking forward to see more from BandLab

Ad
2018/04/05 16:36:54
dlesaux
I for one will not be installing Cakewalk by BandLab. It may be the New Yorker in me but none of this seems right. Meng comes across way too upbeat and positive. The sales pitch is way too hard. I hope I'm wrong and I hope no one gets burned in the process. The folks on this forum are a good bunch of people. I wish everyone the best!

Right after the Gibson/Cakewalk debacle, I tried Studio One and so far, it's been a good experience. I'll keep Sonar Platinum installed so I can move stems and Midi tracks over to Studio One if needed.

I still drop in from time to time though to read up on what's going on. This is definitely a fun forum! The PreSonus forum is very technical. No horsing around over there!
2018/04/05 17:22:36
Midiboy
mhazdra
Google, Windows 10, and Facebook are free. Get the picture?
Cakewalk users are not users anymore, they are now a product.

Windows 10 is most certainly not free.  It was free to all users of Windows 7 and 8 for a limited time offer.  It is now at least $120 to purchase brand new.  $200 if you want the pro version.  

Just saying.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account