• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.35)
2018/04/05 17:32:22
Kamm Schreiner
mhazdra
Google, Windows 10, and Facebook are free. Get the picture?
Cakewalk users are not users anymore, they are now a product.

Windows is not free. Android and iOS are free. (iOS you might be able to argue otherwise but all updates are certainly free. Whether you 'pay' for the first version installed on you mobile device is debatable.) What OS do you have on your phone???
2018/04/05 17:33:27
jps
Maybe BandLab is telling me that it’s time to upgrade my computer 🙂
I’m still 32 bit 🙂 that’s not free at all ;-)
2018/04/05 17:36:29
Kamm Schreiner
jps

If you have Windows 10 installed and your computer is 64 bit capable, you can install Windows 10 64-bit for free. Your license works with either version. You'll, of course, have to meet memory requirements but you probably do if you're using a DAW on the machine. To my knowledge, that is not true of Windows 7.
2018/04/05 17:45:24
Kamm Schreiner
jps

Here is some info that may be helpful to you, jps: https://www.howtogeek.com/228042/how-to-switch-from-32-bit-windows-10-to-64-bit-windows-10/

2018/04/05 17:48:06
RogerFraiha
Thank you...i hope melodyne still works
2018/04/05 18:01:03
Wookiee
RogerFraiha
Thank you...i hope melodyne still works

It does and I have Melodyne Studio.
2018/04/05 18:47:29
Ademir
I can not tell if he's good or not. I can not get him out of demo mode. I followed all the instructions the support team gave me. I lost a lot of time yesterday and today installing and uninstalling the application. I give up ... Maybe they will release an update to correct this ....
2018/04/05 18:48:47
MakerDP
Waiting to see how much the NEXT update will cost when it comes out... and if this version will stop working when it does.

Meh... maybe not. I've moved on.

Also, why would you even want to install this when you already have the latest SPLAT if there is no new content, LESS content even? Were there bug fixes?
2018/04/05 19:05:59
Jim Stamper
msorrels
When I rebooted this morning (new iLok drivers) Bandlab Assistant opened up (despite the fact I'd rather it didn't) and brought up this awesomely bad dialog.

Would it be too much to ask that software that asks to make changes to my computer identify itself in the title bar and ideally message text?  I hate having to guess what software is telling me a new update is available.

Wow, an "anonymous update" to your system!?!  This is a very poor practice, please change ASAP !!!   

Otherwise, I greatly appreciate what Bandlab seems to be doing to save Cakewalk.    Thanks
2018/04/05 19:07:44
scook
MakerDP
Waiting to see how much the NEXT update will cost when it comes out... and if this version will stop working when it does.

Meh... maybe not. I've moved on.

Also, why would you even want to install this when you already have the latest SPLAT if there is no new content, LESS content even? Were there bug fixes?

Thanks for stopping by.

The NEXT update won't cost a thing from http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3745236
meng
Platform and future product updates will continue to be free, just like BandLab - innovation must push forward!

But don't expect Rapture Pro for example to be free when it is re-released :-) (except for those that have bought it before in some way or form and have already created a BandLab account)

Yes, there were updates in this release mentioned in the OP.

Bye for now.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account