• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.4)
2018/04/04 12:00:52
rommelcv
installing...
2018/04/04 12:01:29
fwrend
Q: if one has everything that came with Platinum Lifetime, is there any reason to download and install all the content or will the option "Install Cakewalk only" be all that is needed?  i.e. does the install with "additional content" provide anything we don't have?
2018/04/04 12:02:33
aidanodr
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
WalkerTalker
Is offline activation still possible with this version?

No offline activation today sorry. You have to download and install via BandLab assistant.

Noel ... I am a long time Cakewalk user of near 30 years :D .. I have Platinum legacy installed.

I like to install my software elsewhere other than Program Files and on another D Drive.

I am noticing so far that the Bandlab assistant downloads / installs the New platinum .. without "install where" options.

In fact I found the EXE in my downloads folder and tried that. It DOES not allow you to choose an install folder, seems hardwired to:

Application:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Shared Components:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk

So will there be a custom install route in the EXE going forward?

PLUS it auto installs the ARTIST(??) INSTRUMENTS .. I have these already via the old Platinum install, can it pick these up?

And what about the platinum instruments already installed?

2018/04/04 12:03:07
pwalpwal
aidanodr

Does this mean they have ported PLATINUM to Mac???

Yeah it only took a couple of days... Kidding :-P
No the Mac version of BandLab assistant allows access to the loop content and of course the BandLab Mix editor today.

i hope you're not considering rebooting the codeweavers efforts?
2018/04/04 12:03:57
cakevaper
Hi Bandlab Team,
Thank you so much for this wonderful update. I have a quick question.

My main music computer is internet-free. Previously I would download updates on my home PC from Cakewalk Command Centre, put the files on a USB and then install it on my music PC. Can I do this with Cakewalk by Bandlab, or do I need to ensure I have internet access to download onto my music PC?
2018/04/04 12:07:01
pwalpwal
aidanodr
WalkerTalker
Is offline activation still possible with this version?

No offline activation today sorry. You have to download and install via BandLab assistant.

Noel ... I am a long time Cakewalk user of near 30 years :D .. I have Platinum legacy installed.

I like to install my software elsewhere other than Program Files and on another D Drive.

I am noticing so far that the Bandlab assistant downloads / installs the New platinum .. without install where options.

Is there a way to get the EXE and install where I like? Do a custom install??

configurable installation paths is very important
2018/04/04 12:08:05
JoeOss
I smell a rat. Nothing is free!! Watch this space.
2018/04/04 12:11:12
Leadfoot
cakevaper
Hi Bandlab Team,
Thank you so much for this wonderful update. I have a quick question.

My main music computer is internet-free. Previously I would download updates on my home PC from Cakewalk Command Centre, put the files on a USB and then install it on my music PC. Can I do this with Cakewalk by Bandlab, or do I need to ensure I have internet access to download onto my music PC?

From the way it sounds, you have to have it hooked up directly to the internet. That sucks. I don't have internet at my house at all. I would download the files into my Android and then transmit to my studio computer and do the offline activation thing. Looks like I'll be using my current Splat for the foreseeable future...
2018/04/04 12:11:43
pwalpwal
JoeOss
I smell a rat. Nothing is free!! Watch this space.

well it's not free free, as you have to create an account, so it 's just marketing free

exciting times!
2018/04/04 12:13:28
juan47
My download is extremely slow. Download speed here is 77mb, so the slowness is not on my end. I hope this means a lot of people are downloading.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account