• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.42)
2018/04/06 01:51:18
brandonc
I come from Sonar X2 & X3 Producer. The fact that Meng & Bandlab offered this to us for free is UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME !!!! Thank You So Much!!! That was very kind!!!!
2018/04/06 02:03:41
Daibhidh
Steeps
Hey guys,

My music production computer does not have an internet connection. Is there any way to get this program up and running on that machine without one?

Thanks,
Steeps

Sign up for wireless internet for a month or ask a friend to bring his around to you. Meng said it won't expire, so you should only temporarily need internet for the install, however Meng said they will have a steady stream of updates in the future so you might want to consider getting a wireless internet plan. There are ways of streaming internet from your phone to your pc.
If you'd like internet on your phone just get a good plan, bring your phone to your studio and hook them up together.
2018/04/06 02:16:25
getfr
Daibhidh
Just watch how Cakewalk's customer base grow in the coming years
and you'll see how 'wrong' the policy really is.

Because only fools use Pro-L, Ozone, Elephant and L2?

But you could ask that the new paid for version come with dithering,
which Bandlab will be giving for free to previous Platinum customers
with their old Cakewalk account linked up to their new Bandlab account.

Sigh. 

I said exactly what I wanted to say.
Do not attribute to me anything extra, please.

Thank you for your opinion.
2018/04/06 02:18:35
Steeps
Daibhidh
Sign up for wireless internet for a month or ask a friend to bring his around to you. Meng said it won't expire, so you should only temporarily need internet for the install, however Meng said they will have a steady stream of updates in the future so you might want to consider getting a wireless internet plan. There are ways of streaming internet from your phone to your pc.
If you'd like internet on your phone just get a good plan, bring your phone to your studio and hook them up together.

Thanks for the reply. I have wireless internet at home, but I don't have a wireless modem on my music production computer and would rather avoid having to buy one just for this. I have internet on my phone but not sure how I would connect that to my computer, I'll have to look into that.

2018/04/06 02:22:03
Daibhidh
brandonc
I come from Sonar X2 & X3 Producer. The fact that Meng & Bandlab offered this to us for free is UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME !!!! Thank You So Much!!! That was very kind!!!!

While you don't have to, if you want to support the Bandlab company,
you could become a backer and give a tip.
I suggest going for the mug, if I had the money,
I'd totally get the black Cakewalk mug.
Long live Cakewalk!
2018/04/06 02:29:47
Daibhidh
Steeps
I don't have a wireless modem on my music production computer and would rather avoid having to buy one just for this. I have internet on my phone but not sure how I would connect that to my computer, I'll have to look into that.

Here's two YouTube videos on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/hDxQSedfoKM?t=28s
https://youtu.be/wrvIYck5qtQ
2018/04/06 02:55:56
Toddskins
Mannymac
Hi team,

All worked flawlessly, well done to Bandlab!
Personally I'm very happy we got rid of the bloatware, which has always annoyed me about Sonar.
I know that the Command Center tried to help with this but I still felt like too much content was thrown at us.
I want a slick easy to use straightforward DAW, that is it.
However, my entire software is no English, would love to be able to change it back to German.

Can anybody help me with this?

Please tell us all what you consider bloatware that you got and wish you had not.  Please.
2018/04/06 02:59:28
Toddskins
igiwigi
Hi
My view Is you get nothing for free and I am a little confused here.
There has got to be a payment somewhere down the line.
Surely only previous owners of Sonar can download this product and not open to all.
I keep hearing the word free and there has got to be a catch somewhere.TELL ME!!!.
I am not doubting Bandlabs Intentions, but I need some clarity and steps to take before being happy.

All the Best
John

Wrong. It is free. I sent the information and links to my St. Louis Musicians Meetup Group and one of them that I am aware of installed it and he's very happy.  Not a former Cakewalk person.  He is also already playing around on the BandLab site and is giving me some feedback.

2018/04/06 03:08:58
Toddskins
mkerl

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. [William Shakespeare]

cheers 

And Shakespeare got it from his Bible.

Romans 14:14  I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but it is unclean for any one who thinks it unclean. 

Cheers!
2018/04/06 03:21:49
thornton
IS pow r working or not
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account