• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.43)
2018/04/06 03:22:27
Nitrox32
I can't download Sonar.  I'm getting this error: "C:\Users\.........AppData\Local\Temp\OK0qBE83.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.  Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

I've tried both Firefox and Edge.
2018/04/06 03:43:12
craigr68

Keni
craigr68
I rely on CWAF heavily to clean up my project files.  I just noticed that CWAF is displaying this message on any previous project that I saved with the new CbB:

The following files were either unreadable by CWAF, or written by a newer version of SONAR than CWAF expects.
Unless they were created by a different application, or known to be compatible, you should restore them from a backup copy before proceeding with any file operations.
In the case of newer files, please verify that you have the latest version of CWAF from http://www.cakewalk.com
CORRUPT or FUTURE Project file versions can cause false ORPHAN wave indications Please USE CARE!

Then it lists the only two .cwp files that I recently saved with CbB

If i remeber correctly, there,s a ini for it wher you need to change the version number. As there have been no changes in file format, all will be well...

Thanks for the tip.  I found the file CWAFtool.ini in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\CWAF.  Changed this line originally containing 23.13.0.xxx to this: 
SupportedProjectVersion=24.04.0.xxx
And all seems well now.  I found a post from 2010 that indicated where the file is located.

2018/04/06 03:44:42
scook
thornton
IS pow r working or not

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3745674
2018/04/06 04:14:48
julianochrisway
Well then your favorite software company is close to closing doors because of third party issues. And come a company with lots of money and a modern vision of the market, save the company that you wear and still make the top version of your favorite software leave for free ...

What do some do? Complains ...

Let's take the phrases I'm observing from some people:

1- This app that connects to my account is very invasive

2- Free software has no quality, I paid all those years for later you offer everything I conquered with hard earned money.

3- Free? such as the list updates you offered?
This is not free of charge ...

4- Why the hell this dumb installation requires the internet. Do not have an offline version?

-------------------------------------------------- ---- // -------------------------------------------- -

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly, they're looking for worries to worry about. The Software is amazing the app does not bother anything at all.

I'm using it like so many other users and I'm going to tell you my experience so far and what I think will happen with this new vision for Cakewalk:

My Experience with Cakewalk 2018:

Fast, Stable, Polished. And contrary to what they say DO NOT REQUIRE the user to stay connected on the internet to work. I did the test with the internet in offl, I rebooted the notebook without internet and unlogged, to my surprise the software did not require that I enter the account online to use it in full. So who is saying that Bandlab requires you to stay connected on the internet is making a mistake

I liked this version so much that I already retired my version of Sonar Platinum. Because this new version read all my plugins without any difficulty.

What will be the impact on music with new Sonar?

I believe that just like with Reaper, several producers and some give classes on the internet through youtube and personally, they will adopt by Sonar for being free and easily accessible and very powerful.

I myself had the Sonar Platinum as DAW in the classroom because I teach music production classes. But sometimes it was complicated because some students had to pay a little more to get a better version, they already have enough plugins.

Now I can offer SONAR as DAW mainly for students at no additional cost and they can run their favorite plugins.

I believe that a version for MAC should be arriving and will increase the number of users even more. and interested parties. That was the aggressive attitude I was expecting from Cakewalk, but it surprised me to apply it to Platinum

Final considerations:

I liked it so much that I already made my first donation
2018/04/06 05:47:30
Steeps
Daibhidh
Steeps
I don't have a wireless modem on my music production computer and would rather avoid having to buy one just for this. I have internet on my phone but not sure how I would connect that to my computer, I'll have to look into that.

Here's two YouTube videos on how to do it:

Awesome, thanks a lot man, I'll give that a go.
2018/04/06 06:04:43
Steeps
Hey guys,

Before I take the plunge on this I want to ensure it will do what I need it to do, otherwise I'll stick to my current DAW. I'm using the archaic Sonar 8 Producer Edition at the moment and it does everything I need it to do except:
  • Sidechain compression - I believe this was introduced in a later version of Sonar so should be present in this new version
  • Routing the output of one track to the input of another - I have an Elektron Analog Heat that I am connecting to Sonar via Overbridge. It works fine in the DAW but when I try to export or bounce a track, it is introducing audio artefacts into the mix. A way around this would be to insert Overbridge onto an audio track as a VST and then route the output of that track to another audio track and record it in real time. This is not possible with Sonar 8. Can anyone tell me if this is possible in Cakewalk by BandLab? If it isn't, I may just stick with my current version of Sonar.

Thanks,
Steeps

PS. If anyone has any other ideas on how I can use the Heat without introducing artefacts when I export, I'd be very grateful

2018/04/06 06:11:54
Daibhidh
julianochrisway
My Experience with Cakewalk 2018:

Fast, Stable, Polished. And contrary to what they say DO NOT REQUIRE the user to stay connected on the internet to work. I did the test with the internet in offl, I rebooted the notebook without internet and unlogged, to my surprise the software did not require that I enter the account online to use it in full. So who is saying that Bandlab requires you to stay connected on the internet is making a mistake

I liked this version so much that I already retired my version of Sonar Platinum. Because this new version read all my plugins without any difficulty........

I liked it so much that I already made my first donation

My experience has been the same and I feel exactly the same way you do about Bandlab and the trolls.

Btw, time to update your signature. :)

Studio Gears:
Interfaces: RolandAllen & Heath and Other
Native Daw: Cakewalk by Bandlab
Midi Controllers: Roland A88, Akai LP8, Arturia Keylab 61 Essential, M-audio Oxygen 61 V3
2018/04/06 06:13:25
scook
Steeps
  • Sidechain compression - I believe this was introduced in a later version of Sonar so should be present in this new version
  • Routing the output of one track to the input of another - I have an Elektron Analog Heat that I am connecting to Sonar via Overbridge. It works fine in the DAW but when I try to export or bounce a track, it is introducing audio artefacts into the mix. A way around this would be to insert Overbridge onto an audio track as a VST and then route the output of that track to another audio track and record it in real time. This is not possible with Sonar 8. Can anyone tell me if this is possible in Cakewalk by BandLab? If it isn't, I may just stick with my current version of Sonar.

Sidechaining is available for the plug-ins that support it.
Patch points and Aux tracks may be used to record a track with effects applied to it.
2018/04/06 06:15:22
Ruben
bitflipper
I get it. This bunch has the patience of a 3-year-old. 

Come on, we're all adults here - no need to insult 3-year-olds.
2018/04/06 06:20:42
Daibhidh
Steeps
Hey guys,

Before I take the plunge on this I want to ensure it will do what I need it to do, otherwise I'll stick to my current DAW. 

You can install Cakewalk by Bandlab and still use your archaic Sonar 8 Producer Edition too.

Just don't uninstall either software programs and everything will be fine.

Compare them against each other and go with whatever works for you.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account