• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.49)
2018/04/06 18:57:41
Saxon1066
Thumbs down to the name. Weak.
2018/04/06 19:08:49
dnelson1971

"Upgrading from Sonar Professional, I have no complaints whatsoever. CbB detected all the tools from previous Cakewalk installs plus I got some extras and I'm happy with things as they are."

I too would be upgrading from Professional. Is there anything in the separate content download that I wouldn't already have in my current installation or should I skip it? Sorry, screwed up the quote somehow but this was RT DeBro.
2018/04/06 19:14:06
scook
No, the additional content is the Artist Instrument Collection already bundled with Professional. Skip it. But do check out the zoom option in the QuadCurve EQ. That was not part of Professional and is part of the CbB you just installed.
2018/04/06 19:15:01
dnelson1971
Thank you!
2018/04/06 19:26:35
dnelson1971
Also, can anyone confirm whether or not native bitbridge functionality is in this or not? I've read through this entire thread and there is conflicting information.
2018/04/06 19:29:49
scook
BitBridge is in CbB.
2018/04/06 19:35:31
dnelson1971
Awesome. I see several people complaining that their 32 bit vst's are missing. I'm guessing they are just not setup to scan the appropriate folder paths then.
2018/04/06 19:35:56
julianochrisway
Luckily I have many friends and clients musicians. I had no difficulty getting access to almost all the daws in the industry, and I have been studying each one of them little by little in recent years because my clients have different Daws and also out of curiosity since I could get access.

I have access to Bitwig Studio 2.3, Mixcraft Acustica, Studio One, Cubase 9.5, Ableton Live 10, FL Studio, Reaper, Protools, Logic

If there is something Sonar does not have, it's an inefficient interface. ProChannel is one of the most useful and efficient tools for producers who use little CPU. FL for example has a very confusing interface for new users, it is not an intuitive interface, but made its reputation not because it is an intuitive Daw but because it was in the hands of the right people. Several Beatmakers love the FL because it has a system of loops facilitated but for there, is not something that you install and leave using in 5 minutes. If one is mistaken, one thinks that FL is a Daw for musicians who do not know how to play.

I live in Brazil, and Daw is making great success is Live. Because again it is in the hands of people who work with electronic music and I know many young people who want to be DJ. I believe it's all marketing issues and putting in the hands of promising musicians who have become very relevant with time. In Live I see that there are a number of people that rely heavily on the use of loops to use on the tracks was something that Ableton actually offered in Lite and made its users get used to it. So I found it quite interesting how the loops are organized by Bandlab, reminded me a bit about the Magix Music Maker scheme.

The Sonar is ready to go, now has a business model that competitors will really care about, Reaper makes great fame with its free template. Promoted to be a great Daw.

With so much time analyzing and observing the Daws, I saw that the key point is who is using Daw and makes inspire new musicians. FL as he said he was successful with the Beatmakers. Live success with electronic music and its model of Ableton Live Lite that had in all possible hardware, not counting compatible hardware and huge packages of loops to facilitate, midis drivers made for Live.

On the other hand, Protools is out there today, because Avid is very aggressive with marketing. Because Protools has a quantum of annoying bugs, nor by far is the best for midi, I have seen many users suffering from the transition to AAX. Putting Daw in the hands of musicians, promising artists is something that Cakewalk and Bandlab need to act soon enough. This Daw is now free. Need a MAC version of this form too.
2018/04/06 19:41:17
dprvulov
Can I still install and activate my legacy Sonar Professional?
2018/04/06 19:41:37
scook
dnelson1971
Awesome. I see several people complaining that their 32 bit vst's are missing. I'm guessing they are just not setup to scan the appropriate folder paths then.

Yes, a scan path issue. CbB is a new product/upgrade not an update. The install process does have an option to get some settings from the old product but scan path is not one of them. It is a good idea to review all the preference settings.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account