• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.5)
2018/04/04 12:14:49
andyjobson85
Can someone list exactly which plugins/instruments/ProChannel modules are included with the basic installation? Like was clearly visible on Cakewalk's feature comparison page?

If I own Platinum, and don't install it (i.e. on a fresh Windows installation) can I still include what's missing somehow? Or do I have to use command centre to install an entire copy of Platinum and all plugins/instruments, then install Cakewalk by Bandlab?
2018/04/04 12:15:42
whitealbum
Same here, as a Lifetime User, Cakewalk by Bandlab is valid through 04-10-2018

@Meng
Any additonal thoughts of the time limited membership (see above)?
Thanks!

Before i forget, any chance to get this multilanguage based?
German is easier than english (for me ;)
2018/04/04 12:22:31
trtzbass
WOOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOP
2018/04/04 12:22:45
Midiboy
As I said, I got installation errors.  Got an error that says the installation files are corrupt, however, It is stuck on "installing."  How do I reinstall?  Whenever I bring up the assistant, it just says installing.  
2018/04/04 12:25:11
bwbalint
The download was interrupted once at 73%.  Restarted and completed on 2nd attempt.  There were no options for a download path, or installation path.  The downloaded file does end up in my download folder.  I will try a bit later to port this over to my other computer, rather than redownloading it.  
2018/04/04 12:26:23
fwrend
Installation here was pain and error free.  It recognizes that Sonar software is already on this computer and asks about migrating settings which seemed to happen without a hitch - looks uber familiar.  Time will tell...
2018/04/04 12:28:30
aidanodr
bwbalint
The download was interrupted once at 73%.  Restarted and completed on 2nd attempt.  There were no options for a download path, or installation path.  The downloaded file does end up in my download folder.  I will try a bit later to port this over to my other computer, rather than redownloading it.  

Correct .. it installs into c:program files whether you like it or not, no custom option. The downloaded EXE in your downloads folder does not give custom options either.

It also downloads and force installs the ARTIST INSTRUMENT file, even if it was already installed via your legacy platinum.

2018/04/04 12:34:02
Mesh
fwrend
Q: if one has everything that came with Platinum Lifetime, is there any reason to download and install all the content or will the option "Install Cakewalk only" be all that is needed?  i.e. does the install with "additional content" provide anything we don't have?

Good question......I had the same thought.
2018/04/04 12:36:01
Midiboy
Rebooting did resolve the "stuck installation" for me.  Attempting again.  Wondering if I should have just installed Cakewalk, rather than Cakewalk With Additional Content.  Is that just installing 2nd copies of everything I already have?
2018/04/04 12:36:59
andyjobson85
Mesh
fwrend
Q: if one has everything that came with Platinum Lifetime, is there any reason to download and install all the content or will the option "Install Cakewalk only" be all that is needed?  i.e. does the install with "additional content" provide anything we don't have?

Good question......I had the same thought.

I'd like to know what the "Additional Content" is, and what's included/missing when choosing "Install Cakewalk only"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account