• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.50)
2018/04/06 19:44:12
almeister
Checked it out real quick but haven't had a chance to dig in. I'm a Splat refugee (yeah, bought life time update too). I had issues with CbB  loading vst's and vsti on start up (Waves, Air, Valhalla to name a few) so trying to figure what was going on took up most of the time I had available (it all worked in Splat before but I didn't have time to double check after update to see if anything was affected). I'll stick around and see what's to come. Hoping for good things. Will see. For now, I'll use plan B (which has become plan A). I've used cakewalk products for a long time so I'm hoping things get figured out. If I get more time this weekend, I'll try to dig in and see what's up. I will say, that for the moment, my experience with the CbB doesn't give me a "warm fuzzy" feeling. Not everyones experience may be the same. Others may have great success. I'm just telling it like it is for me so others who are having difficulties know they are not alone and that the Bakers can be aware of issues.
2018/04/06 20:14:12
Reality
Installed without problems. Feel so relieved, I have maybe 2000 songs made by Cakewalk/Sonar (used it since 1997) and to have them more secured is such a relief. I already got Studio One, but transferring the projects is slow and works unlogical. In theory its easy and you can just drop the files, but for some reason some clips/tracks just fails to transfer and it can take a long time. But this new situation helps with the pressure to have the projects secured and I am looking forward what is about to happen in future with Cakewalk.
2018/04/06 20:25:46
Kamm Schreiner
Reality
I already got Studio One, but transferring the projects is slow and works unlogical. In theory its easy and you can just drop the files, but for some reason some clips/tracks just fails to transfer and it can take a long time.

I can sympathize. I have been moving a fair number of old songs from Logic to SPLAT/CBB over the years and although I finally came up with a method that works well every time, it is still tedious. I have nowhere near 2000 songs. All I can say is I'm glad that you no longer have to worry about it unless you want to.
2018/04/06 21:36:05
tobiaslindahl
Reality
Installed without problems. Feel so relieved, I have maybe 2000 songs made by Cakewalk/Sonar (used it since 1997) and to have them more secured is such a relief.

holy hell, you are one prolific dude!  2000 songs in 20 years ?  that is one song every 3-4 days. You make me feel totally worthless. 
2018/04/06 21:48:00
Brighp72
First off let me say a heartfelt thank you to all you at bandlab...I had my wallet in hand ready to pay for Sonar platinum, only to find that they closed the store three weeks before I got there. So having you offer the new version for free makes me very happy.
Two small concerns, neither is a deal breaker, I have been using cakewalk since HS4 in those days all you had were 32 bit plug-ins so in order to keep using all the ones I had gotten used to I stayed 32 bit all these years. Are you going to release a 32 bit version of the new DAW? if not no HUGE deal I will just have to go download the 64 bit version of EVERY plugin I own...lol  that will take some time but it can be done

Second I checked the About Cakewalk screen and it says this new versions is only valid through October.  What happens then?

2018/04/06 21:54:10
scook
There are no plans to release a 32bit version of CbB.
The date is a placeholder needed to get the early release out the door. It will be removed soon.
2018/04/06 22:15:20
Brighp72
scook
There are no plans to release a 32bit version of CbB.
The date is a placeholder needed to get the early release out the door. It will be removed soon.

Thanks for the info.  I plan on donating to the cause. and as I said in my previous post I can migrate to world of 64 bit...honestly I should have done it already I have already found a work around for most of the instruments so aside from it being a major pain in the backside I will live
2018/04/06 22:30:57
hoggybear57
Had just started research to build a new computer for my new (in construction) recording/mixing studio when I learned Gibson was dropping Sonar. Devastated, so I've kind of been on hold... but now that Bandlab has taken the reigns I'm going forward with the project including the new computer build. I purchased two SSD drives because I wanted to seperate the core software from the vst files and plugins etc. I've read through the entire thread and couldn't find anyone addressing my exact question directly. It sounds like the best way to do this now is to download Sonar Platinum (I purchased life time subscription) from Command Center and all the plug-in's that came bundled with it, and my NI Komplete 11 stuff to my new computer and get it all configured, then download the new Cakewalk from Band lab and reconfigure if needed. Does this sound about right!
2018/04/06 22:51:21
scook
Seems reasonable. You can save some time if you already have the SONAR Platinum installers. After installing the Command Center, copy the installers into the download folder (the default location is C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads). The Command Center will skip downloading, if it finds the installers in the cache.
2018/04/06 22:59:08
mkerl
Toddskins
mkerl

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. [William Shakespeare]

cheers 

And Shakespeare got it from his Bible.

Romans 14:14  I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but it is unclean for any one who thinks it unclean. 

Cheers!

Ok,  that's new to me . . . . but there have always been rumors about plagiarization 

Cheers 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account