• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.51)
2018/04/06 23:07:53
scook
dprvulov
Can I still install and activate my legacy Sonar Professional?

There have been recent reports of people using the Command Center to install Cakewalk products. I have not installed any Cakewalk products in some time but have connected to the servers today with the Command Center.
2018/04/06 23:10:42
bitflipper
dprvulov
Can I still install and activate my legacy Sonar Professional?

Yes. It's a good idea to do so, because you'll pick up a few plugins and instruments (e.g. Lounge Lizard, TruePianos) that aren't included in CbB. I used CCC just last week to install SPlat on a laptop.

However, once you've installed SONAR there's no need to actually use it because CbB is essentially SONAR Platinum. You'll be gaining several Platinum features that weren't in Professional (e.g. Vocal Sync, PC76, console emulator, Breverb).
2018/04/07 00:29:06
chris.r
so no pow-r dithering, no session drummer in CbB... but what about the drum replacer and it's content, is izotope radius mix algo for audio pitch/stretching still there? and what about bark in the dog by boz prochannel module?

can't check myself... I'm still on 32bit
thx
2018/04/07 00:42:37
Ademir
Please! Please! I can not get Cakewalk out of demo mode ... I uninstalled antivirus and disabled the Windows firewall ... I'm logged in to the BandLab Wizard ... Nothing solves ... I lost count of the number of times I installed / uninstalled software ... Any solution to this?
2018/04/07 01:28:55
DeBro
Ademir
Please! Please! I can not get Cakewalk out of demo mode ... I uninstalled antivirus and disabled the Windows firewall ... I'm logged in to the BandLab Wizard ... Nothing solves ... I lost count of the number of times I installed / uninstalled software ... Any solution to this?

Do you have the demo version of Sonar Platinum install on your computer?
2018/04/07 01:42:47
jimmyrage music
How long should it take to download/install? It said it was a self extracting file so I started downloading it before I went to run an errand about 2 hours ago. I've been home about half an hour and it still says installing, without an active status bar. 
2018/04/07 02:36:46
embersofautumn
Downloaded...installed and, so far, suspiciously functional.  I'm a network guy and I regard anything that works on the first try as highly suspect ;)

Thank you, Meng.
2018/04/07 02:59:27
jlhawk
Okay... I too hung on "Installing" on the first try, but after a reboot, I was able to find the downloaded install and run it with no issues. It found everything except my USB audio codec. I run a Yamaha MW10 as my input and output, and it's not picking that up. I can playback through the internal sound card, but I cannot record. I am wondering what I need to do for Cakewalk by Bandlab to recognize my USB device. Any thoughts??? Splat still functions, so I'll be using it until I can iron out this latest wrinkle.

I found where to enable the USB audio codec this afternoon, so I'm in pretty good shape now.  
2018/04/07 03:23:12
Toddskins
Saxon1066
Thumbs down to the name. Weak.

I really do agree with you on this point.

A company is trying to win new clients, then they should use a name that seeks to achieve that.  'Guess it's too late for them now?
2018/04/07 03:25:04
Velocemusic.com
Many thanks for the revival!  

Looking forward to more good times in Cakewalk by Bandlab.  

Cheers!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account