• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.52)
2018/04/07 09:28:28
iRelevant
Thanks a lot to BandLab and Meng. Unfortunately Im in hospital at the moment, and still havent been able to check things out. From what I can read something good is waiting for me when I get out.
2018/04/07 10:36:56
pwalpwal
chris.r
so no pow-r dithering, no session drummer in CbB... but what about the drum replacer and it's content, is izotope radius mix algo for audio pitch/stretching still there? and what about bark in the dog by boz prochannel module?

this is a good question as the new free versions streamlining seems to be the licensed 3rd party stuff (pow-r, etc) being removed

it would be nice to get an official proper clear feature comparison from bandlab, cbb as compared to the final cakewalk-the-company version of sonar
2018/04/07 10:46:58
Bristol_Jonesey
I installed CbB on a completely virgin laptop - it's never known SONAR in any incarnation

The plugins it installed were:

VSTi's - all the SI Instruments, plus TTS-1
Audio plugins - All the Sonitus suite, plus TH3, Boost 11
Pro Channel Modules - Breverb 2, Console Emulator Bus & Channel, PC4K Bus Compresser, P76 Compressor, Rematrix Solo, Saturation Knob, Tape Emulator, Tube Saturation, FX Chain & the Style Dial Fx
2018/04/07 11:12:09
MagickT
Hi!

I dont see drum replacer and melodyne in region FX (melodyne is avaible as VST only). Do I need to install my Sonar Platinum for drum replacer and melodyne integration?
2018/04/07 11:40:26
Bristol_Jonesey
MagickT
Hi!

I dont see drum replacer and melodyne in region FX (melodyne is avaible as VST only). Do I need to install my Sonar Platinum for drum replacer and melodyne integration?

Yep - Vocalsync only
2018/04/07 12:22:01
GIM Productions
MagickT
Hi!

Sorry to hear this,but i can see melodyne in region fx,all my splat plugs are in CbB after install.
Greetings
2018/04/07 12:37:08
msmcleod
MagickT
Hi!

Compare your VST folders in CbB with the VST folders in SPLAT.

After I upgraded Melodyne from v2 to v4, it put it in a different folder so maybe that's your problem.

If you add the missing folders to CbB, it should scan those and your plugins will become available.

I really wish the team would improve the plugin manager and/or vst folder settings tab. The list of folders is a tiny window with no way to resize it, or copy/paste a list of folders to the clipboard. I ended up having to take screen shots at various scroll-bar positions within SPLAT, print it out, then manually navigate to each individual folder within CbB. I guess you only have do this once per install though.

M.
2018/04/07 13:00:06
acre
I used Sonar Home for a long time and am excited about this new venture! Problem: I downloaded the bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe file, and then downloaded the cakewalk.exe file. On installation, I received several file error messages. Most of them read like, Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

There were 12 such DLL files that would not work. Of course, when I tried to open the program itself, it wouldn't open because of these file errors. Anyone know what I can do? I tried downloading and installing it twice. Currently, I have Cubase Artist 8 installed. My computer is brand new and very powerful. Thanks.
2018/04/07 13:10:03
Teksonik
julianochrisway
1- This app that connects to my account is very invasive

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly, they're looking for worries to worry about. The Software is amazing the app does not bother anything at all.

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly you need to educate yourself on the definition of invasive. Anything that gives itself permission load at Startup without asking the user's permission is invasive. It's prudent not to trust developers who take liberties with your system. (this is in reference to the first version of the download files)

I uninstalled it and spent the next half an hour pulling out leftover files from the installation including an .exe that was still set to load at Startup.

Like I said before offering this version of Sonar for free is a generous gesture but the bloatware it comes with makes it not worth installing if you already own another version of Sonar.

I'd rather pay a one time fee to upgrade my Sonar X3 to the latest version without all the Command Center or  Bandlab Assistant bloatware. Sometimes "free" is not the best value.... 

2018/04/07 13:55:19
risu
Please update the first post on http://forum.cakewalk.com/Hello-from-BandLab-Updated-2132018-m3730905.aspx, I had that thread on my bookmarks and was polling the first message for updated info on new Sonar release. Some others may have missed the release too because that thread hasn't been updated.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account