• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.53)
2018/04/07 14:31:52
MagickT
GIM Productions
MagickT
Hi!

I dont see drum replacer and melodyne in region FX (melodyne is avaible as VST only). Do I need to install my Sonar Platinum for drum replacer and melodyne integration?

Sorry to hear this,but i can see melodyne in region fx,all my splat plugs are in CbB after install.
Greetings

1.What is about drum replacer?
2. If I see melodyne in VST effects list, accordingly Cakewalk scans the following folder. But melodyne is avaible as VST plugin only. I dont think that this problem with VST folder. Maybe I need to install sonar platinum again? I deleted it a few months ago.

2018/04/07 14:43:25
lsisaxon
I don't have any problems with the installation except for Windows telling me the installation file is untrusted and Avast telling me that the ScanVST is suspicious. Nevertheless, I proceeded and everything including my VSTs on SONAR Platinum and settings are installed and ported over problems free. My projects also run without problems. There were some dropouts but when I reverted to SONAR Platinum, it was the same so it could have been due to the Windows 10 upgrage than anything else. I increased the ASIO buffer a little and everything runs fine again on both Cakewalk by BandLab and SONAR Platinum.
2018/04/07 14:45:56
lsisaxon
acre
I used Sonar Home for a long time and am excited about this new venture! Problem: I downloaded the bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe file, and then downloaded the cakewalk.exe file. On installation, I received several file error messages. Most of them read like, Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

There were 12 such DLL files that would not work. Of course, when I tried to open the program itself, it wouldn't open because of these file errors. Anyone know what I can do? I tried downloading and installing it twice. Currently, I have Cubase Artist 8 installed. My computer is brand new and very powerful. Thanks.

I think it was the same with SONAR Platinum that has to do with the older plugins.

Sorry, my bad, I read wrongly and thought it was a problem with SONAR Home plugins. Please ignore this reply. I could not delete it.
2018/04/07 15:04:56
jgarland
Teksonik

...... Anything that gives itself permission load at Startup without asking the user's permission is invasive......

have a look at services.msc - you might be surprised at what Windows loads at startup - all without asking for permission.
2018/04/07 16:16:56
scook
MagickT

2. If I see melodyne in VST effects list, accordingly Cakewalk scans the following folder. But melodyne is avaible as VST plugin only. I dont think that this problem with VST folder. Maybe I need to install sonar platinum again? I deleted it a few months ago.

Make sure the VST3 format of Melodyne is installed and scanned. It is the plug-in used for Region FX. Celemony installs the VST3 plug-in in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony. If it is there, make sure C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 is in the Cakewalk scan path. If you need to reinstall Melodyne, get the installer from your Celemony account.
2018/04/07 16:20:37
scook
acre
I used Sonar Home for a long time and am excited about this new venture! Problem: I downloaded the bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe file, and then downloaded the cakewalk.exe file. On installation, I received several file error messages. Most of them read like, Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

See http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2016000033/Unable-to-register-the-DLL-OCX-RegSvr32-failed-with-exit-code-0x3

2018/04/07 16:57:41
MagickT
scook
Make sure the VST3 format of Melodyne is installed and scanned. It is the plug-in used for Region FX. Celemony installs the VST3 plug-in in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony. If it is there, make sure C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 is in the Cakewalk scan path. If you need to reinstall Melodyne, get the installer from your Celemony account.

Oh, My Bad, I deleted VST3 directory from Cakewalk VST folders list :) Thanks, scook!

Melodyne is ok now. What about Drum replacer? Is it avaible in Cakewalk by Bandlab?

2018/04/07 17:07:03
scook
MagickT
scook

Oh, My Bad, I deleted VST3 directory from Cakewalk VST folders list :)

Melodyne is ok now. What about Drum replacer? Is it avaible in Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Not yet. Drum Replacer was a separate installer in SONAR. CbB has two installers:
Cakewalk.exe - This is similar to the old SONAR Platinum installer
Instrument.exe - This is the old Artist Instrument Collection
None of the other installers have been ported. If you want any of your old SONAR stuff, install SONAR. CbB will use it. BandLab is migrating the rest of what they purchased but the DAW comes first.
2018/04/07 17:16:05
giovanni.marsella
I have Sonar on 2 computers, one online and one offline. What to do if in the future I need to reinstall Sonar on the offline pc? Now I copy the files from one PC to another and start the setup manually?
2018/04/07 17:21:47
Paul P
Toddskins
Saxon1066
Thumbs down to the name. Weak.

I really do agree with you on this point.

A company is trying to win new clients, then they should use a name that seeks to achieve that.  'Guess it's too late for them now?

CwBBL

quibble, v.

To raise a petty objection; to argue about a triviality; to evade the point at issue by a quibble.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account