• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.58)
2018/04/09 15:49:40
FCCfirstclass
I finally had time to run CbB this morning.  I installed last Friday, but with friends here from out of town, doing audio work was not in the cards.  We hit the strip and they paid for the buffets, drinks and other goodies.  They had never been to Hoover dam before either.

Anyway the program copied all my plugs over, the start screen was the same and CbB also picked up my settings for the VS 100.  The ACT copied with no problems so my vs 100 fired up and away we went.  I had to authorize the AD2 drums and keys but it was the same after some Win 10 updates.

My thanks to Meng, Noel and all the staff at Bandlab for keeping the dream alive.
2018/04/09 17:53:52
joepires
Hello
I just download Cakewalk by Bandlab the installation went smooth but I can't register
it's telling me the serial number is invalid.
I follow the instruction to register but didn't happen, the serial number looks weird, something like:
COBO-1,00-999999-999999-(2002,-99)
is any body having this problem.
thanks
JP
2018/04/09 18:08:04
scook
Assuming you installed CbB using BandLab Assistant and BandLab Assistant was logged into your BandLab account, the error code (2002,-99) is probably the one they are working on right now. The demo mode thread is here and the problem you are seeing is discussed near the end of the thread.
2018/04/09 18:36:24
morganj
Thank you very much to Bandlad & Cakewalk crew!!! this release is much appreciated. I have a version of software with some lovely extra features now :))))). I even had a look at the Bandlab app having never encountered their software before, but it's chrome based, and i dont have that or really want it on my computer.  Pretty much seamless install of C.b.B. - only issue i got is Rapture Session pluguin hasn't appeared. anyone encountered that and have a solution ?

2018/04/09 18:50:39
scook
Compare your SONAR Preferences > File > VST Settings "scan path" to CbB. All the plug-ins bundled with SONAR should appear in CbB.
2018/04/09 21:27:06
morganj
sorted, also recovered z3ta+, because i have Sonar X3 and Sonar Steam Edition installed already the vsts for the Steam version are in a different location to normal..

I added the 2 folders below to get the 64 bit Rapture Session VST3 and the 32bit version of z3ta+
C:\steam\steamapps\common\cakewalk\vstplugins\z3ta+
C:\steam\steamapps\common\cakewalk\x64\vst3

(replace C:\steam with wherever your steam library is installed)

If anyone else is using steam version also and has similar issue :)

2018/04/09 22:07:21
iRelevant
Out of hospital and finally ready to try the new Cakewalk by BandLab. 
Installed like a dream on my win7x64 i5/8GB laptop system. 
The problems with the current project I was working on in SPLAT, sorted itself out in this release. 
I don't have a high powered system, and have the impression things work faster now.
Thanks a million :)

Edit : For the Paranoid. I Installed with my anti virus on, no complaints or warnings whatsoever.
2018/04/09 22:57:58
G1Records
 Anyone know how i can activate the  CA - 2A demo to the full version without spending time cracking it or how i can get hold of some the other cakewalk plugins i have had on my wish list for a minute?

Also I would like to wish Band labs the Best of Luck, and not to forget they are playing with serious software that is used by serious people.

D

2018/04/10 01:39:36
julianochrisway
Some people are still having trouble believing that this product is free and is a complete product with no tricks. I confess I had this mistrust. I talked to Noel quickly on facebook he said right about it. In the difficulty of people believe a free and high level software. Cakewalk, Bandlab: urgently withdraw that message of validity that says 04.10.2018 There are people spreading news out there that after this dasta the software will be paid. I was offering a client that has the legacy version of platinum today, he worried about that. I had to explain everything until he understood I could download it.
2018/04/10 02:19:11
Blades
I have thought long and hard about my feelings about this.

Overall: Happy and excited for what is to come

I really don't understand how many folks are upset when what we all hoped for was that the "lifetime updates" would be honored for those of us who bought into it at the time, even when others scoffed at the notion and what we got instead is that the same lifetime updates are now being honored for all.  Do I hold jeolosy for those who now get it for free when many of us paid: Absolutely not.  I got what I paid for and then some compared to the masses that paid for the Platinum Subscription.

I am planning on doing a full Blog post on my website along with a Video Log to explain all of the thought I have on the matter and how grateful I am for the company BandLab for picking up the Cakewalk IP and giving it life again.  I only hope that some of the other things I've been exposed to since the Sonarpocolypse at Studio One will be incorporated into the future CbB product and that the fresh new ownership will lead to development that is not stifled by the almighty profit machine that IS big business (like Roland or Gibson were).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account