• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.59)
2018/04/10 03:01:45
Hill62
Pretty painless experience so far. Installation went easy peasy. Loaded the last project I was working on without a hitch.
Very happy about the communication along the way. Very glad some of the former team is onboard.
The name is perfect! This has been a Cakewalk so far, and I'm happy for the homage to the previous versions.

I'll dig in a little deeper when I get the chance, but very impressed and appreciative.
Thanks!
- Sean
2018/04/10 12:52:47
sonarman1
I'm sorry I don't remember a single pro daw that doesn't let you install to a custom path. I have no intention to install this.
2018/04/10 15:28:34
joepires
I uninstalled and reinstall again and again I am unable to register.
Still in demo mode, I went to About Cakewalk help to find the serial this is what I get.
COBO-1,00-999999-999999-(2002,-99) some thing like this.
Some help pleeeeeeeeeease,
JP
2018/04/10 15:32:41
scook
As I mentioned above, this is a known issue they are working at this time.
2018/04/10 18:55:58
musicrazy
Installing cakewalk by bandlab side by side with platinum changed the language of platinum version to my language (portuguese). Also cakewalk doesn't use shared mackiecontrol.ini (customized by me to use with mcu pro and c4 pro). Will investigate further. Good Job and Thank you very much for returning us our beloved DAW. Using Cakewalk since Twelve Tone Systems era....
2018/04/10 19:48:42
mkerl
Installed CbB alongside of SPLAT, it was all running like a Charme. Got to copy one path for vst-search, now it's all there, SPLAT in my language, Cakewalk in English, Bandlab assistant is up to date. Easy.

One thing I have noticed - Cakewalk / SPLAT has a menu command "utilities/share with soundcloud". Time to make Bandlab available here  too, don't you think so?

And please - the colour of the desktop symbol is harsh and nasty . . . come on . . . 

Cheers 
2018/04/11 18:57:48
RevBob
1) How do you specify folder locations, audio locations, and vst settings during install?
I got no options when using the exe and it dumped everything on to my C drive.
2) I am a Platinum subscriber currently doing a clean install. If I install the bandlab version, how much of the platinum content is installed with it? Do I have to install everything from my old account first?
3) How do I tie the accounts to one another?
2018/04/11 19:29:42
scook
0) Perform the Platinum install first.
1) discussed here. This may change in future releases (just like it did for SONAR).
2) The Cakewalk.exe is similar to running the SONAR Platinum installer only. The Instrument.exe is the same as the Artist Instrument Collection skip if Artist/Professional or Platinum aready installed.
3) Make sure your BandLab account has the same email address as your Cakewalk Account
2018/04/11 23:59:18
poetnprophet
scook
3) Make sure your BandLab account has the same email address as your Cakewalk Account

Hello, I have my bandlab tied to my Sonar products.  However, the forum account is a different email and I can't change it for some reason.  Does that matter, will it affect install or use?

I have read all 20 pages.  I haven't had the chance to download and try this out, but I'm very excited to and hope to get the chance in the next week or so.

I have one more question:  I have heard about exporting and the dithering has been removed.  But, how about exporting to MP3?  A while back that was an addon option by 3rd party Landr, but then standard in Splat, so i'm curious if that is still available now in CbB?

Dave
2018/04/12 00:14:57
Chappel
Just a heads-up to those, like me, with older Windows computers. BandLab Assistant for Windows will not install on 32-bit systems.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account