• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.6)
2018/04/04 12:38:25
aidanodr
Midiboy
Rebooting did resolve the "stuck installation" for me.  Attempting again.  Wondering if I should have just installed Cakewalk, rather than Cakewalk With Additional Content.  Is that just installing 2nd copies of everything I already have?

The EXTRA Content options downloads an INSTRUMENTS.EXE file ( near 1GB ins size ) to your downloads folder and installs. It seems to be ARTIST INSTRUMENTS that came with Platinum legacy which you probably have already installed 
2018/04/04 12:42:45
bionic
cowboydan
Hi all.
I downloaded the program that was stated free. It is still getting the plugins arranged. But.........................
I have a few questions.
 1.  Wasn't the company name Cakewalk. I see Cakewalk as Daw. I thought that only the software was bought and not the company.

Danny

They bought all the intellectual property including the trademark "Cakewalk" , they didn't buy the company Cakewalk LLC
2018/04/04 12:44:08
Midiboy
I can confirm that as well.  The additional content is the Artist stuff.  If you have either Artist or Plat, you do NOT need to download that. Save yourself a 1GB dl. 
2018/04/04 12:46:57
LANEY
I had Platinum, and now it says my membership is good to 10/3/2018.  What is up with that? It used to say infinity.
2018/04/04 12:49:28
pwalpwal
whitealbum
 04-10-2018

i reckon this is the end of the two weeks mentioned previously wrt setting up a bl account with your cakewalk email, it'll probably change after some internal account movement has completed
/totalspeculation
2018/04/04 12:50:51
jlhawk
Does this mean that my existing version of Platinum will be unaffected? That this version will run along side the existing DAW? I may not get the chance to download before the weekend, but I'll try, maybe tomorrow evening. Thank you Meng and everyone at Bandlab for making this happen.
2018/04/04 12:52:21
pwalpwal
LANEY
 10/3/2018.

i reckon this is the end of the six months not mentioned previously wrt setting up a bl account with your cakewalk email, it'll probably change after some internal account movement has completed
/totalspeculation

2018/04/04 12:57:18
aidanodr
LANEY
I had Platinum, and now it says my membership is good to 10/3/2018.  What is up with that? It used to say infinity.

My legacy Platinum is still set to INFINITE .. However my new Bandlab Platinum is set to 4/10/2018.

BUT, post Bandlab platinum install, I have not rebooted windows yet, so I wonder will that change the infinite date!

2018/04/04 12:58:23
msmcleod
Installed without a glitch for me. The download was a bit slow (250K), but I guess the server is being hammered.

Fired it up, and it's basically SPLAT which is what I expected. No issues so far :)

M.
2018/04/04 13:01:02
msmcleod
jlhawk
Does this mean that my existing version of Platinum will be unaffected? That this version will run along side the existing DAW? I may not get the chance to download before the weekend, but I'll try, maybe tomorrow evening. Thank you Meng and everyone at Bandlab for making this happen.

Plantinum is still there for me, and still works fine, however... I started SPLAT and changed some of the categories of some of my plugins. When I went to do the same in BL Cakewalk it was already done for me, which leads me to believe it's sharing SPLAT's registry settings or config files.

Something to keep in mind.

M.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account