• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.60)
2018/04/12 10:31:16
iRelevant
poetnprophet
scook
3) Make sure your BandLab account has the same email address as your Cakewalk Account

Hello, I have my bandlab tied to my Sonar products.  However, the forum account is a different email and I can't change it for some reason.  Does that matter, will it affect install or use?

I have read all 20 pages.  I haven't had the chance to download and try this out, but I'm very excited to and hope to get the chance in the next week or so.

I have one more question:  I have heard about exporting and the dithering has been removed.  But, how about exporting to MP3?  A while back that was an addon option by 3rd party Landr, but then standard in Splat, so i'm curious if that is still available now in CbB?

Dave

Hi Dave.

How I have understood it, if you go ahead with the install like this ... you will end up with the stripped bare bones version of CB, or cakewalk Home version if you choose to install the extras. It is necessary to sync the emails of your BandLab and your Cakewalk accounts, for the features from SPLAT to merge with the CB. Maybe you can sync your Cakewalk address to match the BandLab one ?

I don't use Landr, but I see it has a tab under utilities (Like in SPLAT) after the install.

Regards, Sven
2018/04/12 11:01:29
Steev
musicrazy
Installing cakewalk by bandlab side by side with platinum changed the language of platinum version to my language (portuguese). Also cakewalk doesn't use shared mackiecontrol.ini (customized by me to use with mcu pro and c4 pro). Will investigate further. Good Job and Thank you very much for returning us our beloved DAW. Using Cakewalk since Twelve Tone Systems era....

CbB recognized and hooked up to my X Touch which runs in Mackie (MC) protocol, so all is well there.
Being you customized you may have to set up from scratch to store your control surface settings in CbB.
2018/04/12 12:02:33
Wookiee
Please keep it on topic no need for unnecessary language here.
2018/04/12 12:36:08
Skyline_UK
poetnprophet
....I have one more question:  I have heard about exporting and the dithering has been removed.  But, how about exporting to MP3?  A while back that was an addon option by 3rd party Landr, but then standard in Splat, so i'm curious if that is still available now in CbB?
 Dave

Exporting to MP3 is still there.
Dithering wasn't removed, just the Pow-r dithering choices, as they entail licence fees but BandLab are looking into this with the aim of restoring them if possible.
2018/04/12 13:20:34
degraal1
andyjobson85
Can someone list exactly which plugins/instruments/ProChannel modules are included with the basic installation? Like was clearly visible on Cakewalk's feature comparison page?

If I own Platinum, and don't install it (i.e. on a fresh Windows installation) can I still include what's missing somehow? Or do I have to use command centre to install an entire copy of Platinum and all plugins/instruments, then install Cakewalk by Bandlab?

I also have the same questions :-)
2018/04/12 13:41:48
pwalpwal
Skyline_UK
poetnprophet
....I have one more question:  I have heard about exporting and the dithering has been removed.  But, how about exporting to MP3?  A while back that was an addon option by 3rd party Landr, but then standard in Splat, so i'm curious if that is still available now in CbB?
 Dave

Dithering wasn't removed, just the Pow-r dithering choices, as they entail licence fees but BandLab are looking into this with the aim of restoring them if possible.

how about the izotope time-stretch stuff?
2018/04/12 13:47:27
Wookiee
From what I can understand CbB is the core program of Platinum, not sure what instruments are included if any.

To get access to the likes of Dim Pro, Rapture, Rapture Pro, Z3ta+2(which were separate purchases) you would need to run their respective installers.  This could be through CCC or if you still have the original installers in the CCC download directory.  If you do not have them I would highly recommend downloading them from your old Cakewalk account or through the CCC.

Any third party plugins are no longer licensed i.e. AAS, True pianos, Bluetube, etc.  However if they are installed on your system they still work you just need to add their paths to the VST scanner.  
2018/04/12 13:48:47
Wookiee
pwalpwal
Skyline_UK
poetnprophet
 Dave

how about the izotope time-stretch stuff?

The iZotope_Radius dll is still installed which is I believe what you mean.
2018/04/12 15:18:26
rbinsfin
So if I want to run Sonar as I have for over a decade, I'm stuck with you and the guy who reminds me of a used Buick salesman from the welcome video? The guy with the really bad and cheap tat?
2018/04/12 15:51:19
Andy Feenix
Hello! Is there any support available for installing Cakewalk by Bandlab? I'm getting a couple of errors when I try to install. I'm a longtime Cakewalk/Sonar user and looking forward to a new era with Bandlab. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account