• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.61)
2018/04/12 16:09:50
scook
Aside from creating a new thread in this forum to ask for users for help, here is the Cakewalk support form.
2018/04/12 18:06:58
msmcleod
Is there an equivalent for BandLab itself - i.e. website features?
2018/04/12 18:11:14
dodgyg1
Thanks to Meng and the "Cakewalk by Bandlab" team for keeping Sonar alive. Looking forward to what the future holds for us all. Just downloaded the new release and the software ran seamlessly allowing me to pick up the project i was working on in Sonar Platinum from where I left off. kudos to you all.
2018/04/12 18:58:45
MarianoGF
Hi. Is there any official news about the future of the absent Cakewalk plugins and instruments in Cakewalk by Bandlab? I'm talking about LP-EQ, LP-MB, Adaptive Limiter, Dimension, Rapture, Z3ta+, and a long etc.
Thanks.
2018/04/13 01:46:24
Yawning Abyss
Installation went well here.

I have to say I very impressed by Bandlab as a company, concept, and community. I've been participating on their platform for the last three weeks and it's awesome. I'm so happy right now... just beside myself with joy that I don't have to relearn FLstudio (was 12 years ago I was using that).

When the time comes to get my wallet out I will happily do so... Speaking of I saw that tip jar come and go so fast that now I cannot find it. Awesome work like this deserves to be renumerated...

2018/04/13 01:57:35
scook
Yawning Abyss
When the time comes to get my wallet out I will happily do so... Speaking of I saw that tip jar come and go so fast that now I cannot find it. Awesome work like this deserves to be renumerated...

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/rewards
2018/04/13 04:01:14
poetnprophet
Well, I'm happy to report another smooth transition here.  Took me only 30 minutes to download, install and add the missing plugins.  I also notice a slightly faster program startup, as well as plugin popup.  My control bar has reset, not sure how to fix that but that's literally the most of my worries and I'm honestly pretty impressed how fast this entire transition has happened from the announcement in Feb to now.  

@Meng and everyone involved, really just want to say thanks for all of your efforts and sincerity with this.  

ok, back to work.
Dave
2018/04/13 23:14:23
DaveG74
It looks great! Thanks for this amazing product.

I was curious: will there be a downloadable version of this? For local storage? (I find the BandLab assistant a little bare bones at the moment.)
2018/04/15 03:18:29
lcmt
Glad to see someone stepped up..must have been a pretty good bargain.

I think that those of us who purchased Platinum Lifetime updates are opted out, as Sonar Platinum is now defunct..and the new free update is probably considered a different product.

It is unfair for a company to offer a lifetime update without supporting past product activation versions, so hopefully this service will be offered.

Sounds like Band Lab updates require an online activation. My music computers are off line..and I've always enjoyed being able to burn updates to a cd and install them off line.

I've been using Cakewalk since version 2, when it was only midi.

2018/04/15 05:23:50
deswind
Bandlab is not Gibson.  It is a different company.  It does not owe any Sonar or Cakewalk customers of Gibson, one penny.  So we get what we get from Bandlab and it appears that many people are happy with what they have provided.   

Any complaints about not honoring the lifetime updates are the responsibility of Gibson.  The only thing that would change this analysis is if Bandlab bought the obligations of Gibson, and there is nothing on this forum to indicate that such occurred.  I hope this helps your understanding of the situation.  I have not tried the Bandlab product yet but I am optimistic. 

lcmt

It is unfair for a company to offer a lifetime update without supporting past product activation versions, so hopefully this service will be offered.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account