• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.63)
2018/04/16 17:10:49
Studioguy1
Ok, I registered, I downloaded BandLab Assistant.  However, it does not recognize me a couple days later and I still have not been able to download the program.  Ok, ok...so I am a klutz.  What am I doing wrong.  I go through the log on procedure and it gives me an emailed logon link.  It go and viola, I am recognized.  However, I still don't have the program from BandLab.   I am a little nervous that it doesn't recognize me already.  Geez.  Help please.
2018/04/16 17:20:19
Studioguy1
Incorrect Login or
Password

You can log in using your
email or username
associated with your
account.
Make sure that it is typed
correctly.

I copied it as it was submitted but no cigar.  Getting frustrated now.
2018/04/16 17:22:53
scook
Contact BandLab support if you are having trouble accessing your account.
2018/04/17 08:08:17
paul jenkins
Skyline_UK
Hey, my suggested name came second!  (BONAR)

ah ha...classic!!!
2018/04/18 15:25:28
...wicked
Are you all sure about this? I'm not normally a security extremist but I've had several oddities trying to get this new version that give me pause.

First off Windows popped up the Defender warning on the Assistant installer, it didn't even give me the "run anyway" option, I had to turn Defender off entirely to get it to run. Then I used "sign in with Google" as my option to login and it sill is asking for all my login credentials for my Google account. I'm suddenly wary of giving this Singapore-created app my Google credentials. It should've connected automagically anyway. Just wondering if people do feel confident about this. Not saying Bandlab isn't real (duh) but I'm a little nervous there's a login-jacking thing going on here.

2018/04/19 03:27:38
dwdyer
Finally got around to this --

I wish the import settings dialog on the install was Yes/No/Help rather than OK/Cancel/Help but that's not new.

It didn't pick up a couple of locations where I'd squirreled away VSTs (OK, like six, but I'm notoriously bad about things like that) , but that's OK, I added them back. You can't run both SPLAT and Cakewalk at the same time to edit those locations, so I used screenshots.  (I need to clean that up one day, that's mostly my fault. ) I'm going to need to rename things, as Native Instruments stuff comes in with the same name for the different varieties of the same instrument.

My plugin layout file didn't load, and when I do load one it's not reflecting in the main UI, but that's OK, I'll figure that out.

It would be nice to be able to set the folders on the install, my C drive is an SSD, which is nice and fast, but I"ve got quite a bit off on another drive. Importing the SPLAT INI file helped with that though (as well as picking up the audio devices, etc.), it properly picked up I have most of the Folder Locations over on the F drive.  (it's a weird system)

2018/04/19 07:43:45
iRelevant
...wicked
Are you all sure about this? I'm not normally a security extremist but I've had several oddities trying to get this new version that give me pause.

First off Windows popped up the Defender warning on the Assistant installer, it didn't even give me the "run anyway" option, I had to turn Defender off entirely to get it to run. Then I used "sign in with Google" as my option to login and it sill is asking for all my login credentials for my Google account. I'm suddenly wary of giving this Singapore-created app my Google credentials. It should've connected automagically anyway. Just wondering if people do feel confident about this. Not saying Bandlab isn't real (duh) but I'm a little nervous there's a login-jacking thing going on here.

Windows Defender isn't exactly cutting edge when it comes to Internet security, it gives a lot of false-positives. I installed with a decent Internet security program, and got no warnings what so ever. I'm not to much into this social media thing and signed up with my e-mail, but this thing you mention about your Google account sounds doubtful, I doubt very much BandLab expect you to give away your login credentials for your Google account. Maybe your just asked to login to your account ?
2018/04/19 12:13:04
Bristol_Jonesey

coltpeacemaker
Yes its 64bit only and you will need a 64 bit w10 BUT! You wont need to buy all new 64 bit replacement VSTs as Sonar will run both 32 and 64 bit VSTs....

It runs perfectly under Win 7 as well

2018/04/19 16:43:28
Studioguy1
Look, I still can't get into my BandLab Assistant that I downloaded.  I put my logon name and pw in and it tells me that I do not have the correct password.  THEN, I go and log in directly to the BandLab site and viola, I am in like flint.  Just no way to get the confounded Cakewalk download.  Please anyone...guide me a bit here.  I think I am following the directions, yet my BandLab Assistant doesn't agree with me.  I am using Win7.  Thank you.
My email is okieduke@verizon.net if you wish to tell me directly.  Can't seem to get an answer here. Frustrated.  This is the first update I have ever missed since the late 80's.
2018/04/21 01:42:16
NealClark
Studioguy1
Look, I still can't get into my BandLab Assistant that I downloaded.  I put my logon name and pw in and it tells me that I do not have the correct password.  THEN, I go and log in directly to the BandLab site and viola, I am in like flint.  Just no way to get the confounded Cakewalk download.  Please anyone...guide me a bit here.  I think I am following the directions, yet my BandLab Assistant doesn't agree with me.  I am using Win7.  Thank you.
My email is okieduke@verizon.net if you wish to tell me directly.  Can't seem to get an answer here. Frustrated.  This is the first update I have ever missed since the late 80's.

Could it be that the windows firewall or any other firewall software is blocking the Bandlab Assistant from accessing the internet? Might be worth checking.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account