• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.66)
2018/04/29 03:48:31
Grem
The people upstairs are listening to us for sure. 

I sent a support ticket in and told them I would like an option to use PayPal for giving tips to people. Well, now that option exists!! 

Thanks Meng!
2018/04/29 05:42:34
dreamkeeper
Today I decided to make myself a little B-Day present and finally installed CbB... what can I say?

- download and install went smoothly, without even a hint of a problem
- seems it picked up ALL of my old settings, including VST paths - automatically
- everything's fine so far!

So a big THANK YOU to Meng and the team! Great Job!

PS: Hope, that everyone having problems, will get it worked out soon.
2018/04/29 07:47:22
burgerproduction
Installed smoothly without problems.
I'm super happy to see drum replacer back. I love using that tool to convert my Cajun drum playing into full on drums. 
I'm also looking forward to trying out the Clean folder tool again. I used to use it in Sonar 8 at the end of every project, just before archiving, to save on GB space on my archiving HD. A really handy tool and sadly unusable in later versions. Fingers crossed you got it right this version 

All round great job from the Bandlab/Cakewalk teams.
So glad to see you guys putting the love and attention into the product that we came to expect over the years.
2018/04/29 08:34:29
RajahP
Installing... Thanks.....  

2018/04/29 08:35:20
whitealbum
I'm a SPLAT User as well.
I installed CbB, but i recognize a lot of files were installed on system drive.
I want to uninstall CbB, just because i don't have a customized option for installation paths.
If they will be there, i reinstall CbB without a question

So my question is, can i uninstall CbB without a problem?
I don't want to "destroy" my Cakewalk installation...
Thanks
2018/04/29 09:26:23
Songroom
whitealbum
I want to uninstall CbB, just because i don't have a customized option for installation paths.

New BandLab Assistant Features...
  • Notify when a Cakewalk update is available
  • Allows you to choose which components to download and install
  • Option to disable launch on startup
  • More streamlined and many fixes
  • Cakewalk installer is no longer silent, and has customization options for installation paths
2018/04/29 09:31:00
scook
Songroom
  • Cakewalk installer is no longer silent, and has customization options for installation paths

Pretty sure this only happens on the initial install. If CbB is already installed, it must be uninstalled and reinstalled to get the basic/advanced screen and the advanced install prompts. At least that is what I had to do.
2018/04/29 10:12:36
Jean-Philippe ROGER
Thank you !
2018/04/29 11:41:25
azslow3
After the BandLab Assistant  has installed its own new version, then has downloaded and updated Cakewalk, it was stuck in "Installing" for hours, consuming my whole Internet bandwidth. Till I have stopped it.

Replacing CCC with a small, transparent in operations and stable manager could be a huge sign where Cakewalk project is going to move.
Instead, CCC was replaced with slow, huge, "hide everything" and only partially working... "thing"
2018/04/29 12:09:41
bwbalint
I was at the same junction as azslow3. Not that there was any method to my madness, but I stopped and exited Bandlab assistant. Restarted it. Exited again. Rebooted. Restarted BA. exited and rebooted one more time. Then the little tab in BA was ‘install’ instead of download. Pressed installed. Waited. Had to reboot everything one
More time. Then viola! New version of CbB was runnable.

The whole process was one of the least transparent processes I have experienced for updating a program in a while.

At least CCC did have a ‘progress bar.’ Just needs a bit more tweaking!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account