• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.70)
2018/05/04 23:02:06
Studioguy1
Well, I'm definitely in.  Frankly, I don't care who owns what, I don't care what they call it, all I know is the daw I have used for a long time is back and being supported.  To that I say, Thank You God and everyone else involved.
2018/05/05 03:58:18
AxlBrutality
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]

That Windows.old folder apparently gets created if you install a major windows update. Maybe the manufacturer did it if you don't recall doing it. See this article on how to get rid of that folder. I had that same folder on my PC.
Removing it via disk cleanup will make clean audio run much faster.
I'll try and also skip that folder explicitly if found.

Ah, gotcha.  Also, that was helpful; thank you.  Just freed up almost 40 gigs, lol.

I think the CWAF tool has some customization but it has an exclusion list rather than an inclusion list.
I think having a full inclusion list might be a bit overkill. Maybe we could have a checkbox that says look in "Only look in Project Folder" or something. 

Yea, I mean...most people don't get too crazy with their files/file paths tbh; I'm pretty sure most people keep things to the defaults and/or keep it simple.  For me, all of my project files still just go in the default "Cakewalk Projects" folder and the audio goes in the corresponding project audio folders.  There is literally zero reason for me to have it look for anything anywhere outside of that, and I don't split things weirdly.  I'd think most of the customer base is the same way, but I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone.

Again, thanks a ton for fixing it in general even just to this point.
2018/05/06 19:25:37
stevetrusty11
So, I’m installing, while reading the forum I noticed bandlab install “instrument suite” is already on my machine as I am a splat owner. I had already checked all boxes to install..
How or where do I go about deleting these doubles??
2018/05/07 08:11:28
Bristol_Jonesey
I wouldn't bother.

The whole SI installation takes up less than 10Mb and I don't think CdB will duplicate the entries in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins
2018/05/07 09:54:53
Frank Harvey
SWEEEeeet !!
Just Updated from the EARLY RELEASE CbB version to the LATEST  24.04.1  Build 28 [2018.04] -x64.
Absolutely no problems !
( Must Admit I was somewhat dubious in proceeding............. Given recent forum comments )
HOWEVER .............I Just removed the Early Release version through Windows Settings / Remove etc .
(PS: This removes Bandlab Assistant too.)
SOoooo.............Logged back in To Bandlab web page ( as per another forum member's advice)
CLICKED : 'INSTALL'
And everything just happened..................Cakewalk is humming.
Thanks Bandlab Guys ............Much Appreciated.

2018/05/07 18:10:18
DaveG74
I know there is a Cakewalk by Bandlab installer available via Bandlab Assistant, but will there be a CbB downloadable version available also? I'd like to have one available to myself locally (like the Sonar X3 and Artist downloads...)

Also, I thought Platinum was supposed to contain Addictive Drums with add-ons. Will that ever make it into the bundle?

Any insight is appreciated. 😀
2018/05/08 19:38:15
stevetrusty11
Thanks Bristol!! My install was also headache free and just a matter of waiting.

One other thing, I noticed bandlab assistant stays running when the program is not being used, is there a way to disable this?

Grundberg-
I am a platinum owner, AD2 crossed over just fine. Problem is I can’t remember if I bought it years ago once using it free in splat or not. I know I bought kits and sounds long the way. Hope that helps. Assuming if it didn’t cross over you probably have to own it.
2018/05/09 15:39:35
Studioguy1

I just figured that those exe files had to be somewhere, if not hidden.
In my case, BandLab Assistant downloaded the files and placed them in the following: 
C:\users\myname\appdate\roaming\bandlab assistant\downloads.  

After an exhaustive search for those elusive files, that is where I found them.  Since it was a real challenge for me to get the assistant to work for a couple of weeks, I took the precaution of copying those exe files to a backup folder, just in case.  Now, that is my scenario and may not be others.  dunno.
2018/05/11 15:06:00
AxlBrutality
So, I have a quick question.

Both Bandlab Assistant 3.0.6 and 3.0.8 show up in my programs list.  Is it safe to uninstall 3.0.6?  Seems strange that it was a side by side update, not overwrite/cumulative.  Was that intentional?
2018/05/11 18:21:38
hugolm
Just got my Bandlab account and did the Cakewalk installation. All went smoothly. I'll try to play with it this weekend.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account