• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.73)
2018/06/03 15:31:25
jackson white
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
jackson white
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Maybe we could have a checkbox that says look in "Only look in Project Folder" or something. 

+1000

This is already implemented in the 2018.05 release.
Please refer to the latest release notes here:
https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new

Grazie mille! Vielen dank. i don't visit the forum often, but when I do, I am glad I did. Took a quick look at the release notes and sensing a tack to address specific user issues over "strategic marketing"? 
2018/06/04 18:00:45
Benevolentmutation
Just a heads up, I have Bandlab 3.1 without issues. I see some having issues, not sure why but I guess I'm a lucky one.
2018/06/04 21:34:33
MarianoGF
Dear staff, I sincerely think that Cakewalk is needing a clear website. No more these two or three places at the same time to know something about (www.cakewalk.com, cakewalk.bandlab.com, www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk). For us who are aware of this particular stage of the software may mean little problem, but for new potential users it's a labyrinth. Just my opinión. Thanks for all you are doing.
2018/06/10 13:53:20
HIBI
2018.05 BUILD 20
What's new?
2018/06/10 14:13:34
pwalpwal
HIBI
2018.05 BUILD 20
What's new?

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new maybe?
2018/06/10 14:54:10
HIBI
pwalpwal
HIBI
2018.05 BUILD 20
What's new?

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new maybe?

It seems there is nothing changes since Jun. 1st.

Just now, this thread has been updated.
6/10/2018: Build 20 was posted today - the only update is for some problems with Japanese localization. Its only relevant if you are running CbB in Japanese.
2018/06/12 14:28:12
Brian Walton
meng

• No matter what plug-ins or bundles you’ve bought in the past – anything that worked with SONAR before will work with Cakewalk by BandLab and should integrate seamlessly.
  •  

Hopefully the roadmap removes the requirement to install legacy versions of Sonar to install the plugins.

I was surprised I couldn't do a fresh install of CbB and then use the installers for say the Engineering Plugins, as it says it would not install due to a lack of a compatible program.  Once I installed Platinum, it wasn't a problem, but seems like that is ~500 megs of wasted Hard Drive space if the goal is to use the new Bandlab version.  
2018/06/12 16:25:19
abacab
Brian Walton
meng

• No matter what plug-ins or bundles you’ve bought in the past – anything that worked with SONAR before will work with Cakewalk by BandLab and should integrate seamlessly.
  •  

Hopefully the roadmap removes the requirement to install legacy versions of Sonar to install the plugins.

I was surprised I couldn't do a fresh install of CbB and then use the installers for say the Engineering Plugins, as it says it would not install due to a lack of a compatible program.  Once I installed Platinum, it wasn't a problem, but seems like that is ~500 megs of wasted Hard Drive space if the goal is to use the new Bandlab version.  

Well the simple answer is that the Engineering Plugins were only licensed to install in the presence of a certain licensed version of Sonar.  Remove Sonar and the installer will not work.  Nothing that CbB does can change that fact. 

They are two separate products by two different companies.  The legacy Sonar installers will never be updated.

But at least CbB will let you continue to integrate your Sonar bundle with the new Cakewalk.
2018/06/12 16:35:46
pwalpwal
abacab
Well the simple answer is that the Engineering Plugins were only licensed to install in the presence of a certain licensed version of Sonar.  Remove Sonar and the installer will not work.  Nothing that CbB does can change that fact. 

unless they re-license them
2018/06/12 18:56:56
abacab
pwalpwal
abacab

unless they re-license them

That could be a possibility with certain Cake branded plugins, as BandLab proceeds with any future plans to re-distribute other Cakewalk intellectual property they have full rights to, but I doubt that they will give them away. 

Probably end up in a Cakewalk by BandLab store at some point.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account