• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.74)
2018/06/12 20:56:22
Brian Walton
abacab
Brian Walton
meng

• No matter what plug-ins or bundles you’ve bought in the past – anything that worked with SONAR before will work with Cakewalk by BandLab and should integrate seamlessly.
  •  

Hopefully the roadmap removes the requirement to install legacy versions of Sonar to install the plugins.

I was surprised I couldn't do a fresh install of CbB and then use the installers for say the Engineering Plugins, as it says it would not install due to a lack of a compatible program.  Once I installed Platinum, it wasn't a problem, but seems like that is ~500 megs of wasted Hard Drive space if the goal is to use the new Bandlab version.  

Well the simple answer is that the Engineering Plugins were only licensed to install in the presence of a certain licensed version of Sonar.  Remove Sonar and the installer will not work.  Nothing that CbB does can change that fact. 

They are two separate products by two different companies.  The legacy Sonar installers will never be updated.

But at least CbB will let you continue to integrate your Sonar bundle with the new Cakewalk.

The question is why they didn't include that as part of the code of the new program.  We didn't have to re-install the Engineering suite every-time Sonar had a monthly update.  Thus my question as to why they require a Platinum install.  Some of the packages seem to only contain Cakewalk IP, which they own.  
2018/06/12 21:24:56
scook
There are so many hours in a day. There is no requirement to re-install the Engineering suite every time CbB is updated either. For a precedent where an upgrade required a previous version be installed look no further than the SONAR 8.5 downloadable upgrade. SONAR 8 must be installed in order to run the SONAR 8.5 downloadable upgrade, While this requirement still exits, unlike the SONAR 8.5 upgrade,  I expect the contents of the Platinum Engineering Suite will be ported and a BA compatible installer written. There is also the matter of account migration. Until that time, we have to deal with the Platinum dependency.
2018/06/13 04:01:53
TheSteven
2018.05 BUILD 20 - takes forever to load.
The previous build loaded in seconds this one  - minutes. 
Had no problems with previous builds.  Is there a way to down grade?
2018/06/13 04:16:28
scook
BA has no rollback feature ATM but if you are saving installers, pick a version and run it. If you have not been saving installers (BA deletes them so they must be copied before the install completes) support may provide the previous release. IDK, I have never asked them about it. Even if they don't supply the old installer, creating a ticket about this issue is a good idea. FWIW, 24.05.0.19 and 24.05.0.20 start up about the same on my Win10 PC.
2018/06/13 12:11:08
TheSteven
Thanks Scook. I submitted a request.
2018/06/17 14:06:50
e2studio
GoodMorning
Please, in the last update the keyboard shortcuts lost the last settings
when I start the CbB the shortcut K return to default, 
what can we do ?

waiting for the next update ?

thanks
e2studio

2018/06/17 15:23:39
musicjohnnie
Good day all,
First,
Happy father's day to all the fathers.
Second,
I want to give many kudo's to the CbB development team, especially to Noel and Jonathan, who stuck with me to the final outcome. They determined that the software (BA) was not writing to where it needed to be. After many tries it would not leave 'demo mode'. After realignment  of some things on comp I was ready to try anything. The last BA update link was sent to me with no great expectations, but WoW....there appeared to be a different load look about it. Melodyne was not permanently checked and grayed. Load asked questions never seen before. Took hardly anytime to download, and everything seems to be fine. I haven't had the chance to see if it runs through the paces yet. It took almost all day to load all things I needed. Looking forward to the future with CbB.
Thanks, once again, to the crew
John    .....aka musicjohnnie
2018/06/18 08:27:53
promidi
Is there any chance that when dates are mentioned that the month be written as a word.  This is because in Australia 6/10/2018 could be interpreted as 6 Oct 2018 instead of the intended 10th June 2018.
2018/06/18 13:31:01
35mm
promidi
Is there any chance that when dates are mentioned that the month be written as a word.  This is because in Australia 6/10/2018 could be interpreted as 6 Oct 2018 instead of the intended 10th June 2018.

Same for the UK and most of the world. I think it's only the US that reverse the month and day.
2018/06/18 16:43:22
abacab
35mm
promidi

Same for the UK and most of the world. I think it's only the US that reverse the month and day.

At least they are keeping it simple as far as the version number, just like with Platinum (year-month), e.g. 2018-05.

It's only when Noel or somebody else from North America edits the banner for the post to include an actual date that it could be confusing.

Maybe we could use something universal like "star dates" (from Starship Captain, James T. Kirk). 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account