• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.76)
2018/06/24 05:20:43
rodreb
Does anybody know why old projects will no longer open? It doesn't seem right. I've never had this happen before.
2018/06/24 17:02:51
soens
How old? I just opened a .wrk file from 2003, a .bun file from 2005, and a .cwp file from 2009 in CbB 2018.05.
2018/06/25 15:45:16
MarianoGF
Dear crew:
With new BandLab Assistant 3.2.0, when try to login: "Something went wrong. Request failed with status code 401". I couldn't do it.
------
Ok, finally I did it. But I can't delete this post.
2018/06/26 04:12:58
rodreb
soens - Files are from 2006, 2009, and 2012. Some open just fine, others will not open at all.
2018/06/26 09:02:57
msmcleod
rodreb
soens - Files are from 2006, 2009, and 2012. Some open just fine, others will not open at all.

I get this too with older projects. To solve it:
1. Create a blank project in CbB
2. Drag the old project in from the Media Browser

works every time for me.
2018/06/27 07:59:47
rodreb
msmcleod - When I checked that out, it appears that I would have to drag each track in individually and lose all my mix, automation, plugins, etc. Basically just be starting all over with just raw tracks. Is this correct or, am I missing something?
2018/06/27 10:58:04
msmcleod
rodreb
msmcleod - When I checked that out, it appears that I would have to drag each track in individually and lose all my mix, automation, plugins, etc. Basically just be starting all over with just raw tracks. Is this correct or, am I missing something?

The old projects that I dragged in didn't have any automation, but I didn't have to drag in individual tracks.

Dragging the whole project in, created all the tracks with all their plugins, settings, etc. so I don't see why automation would be any different.

So, after you've created your blank project, you want to make sure the Media Browser is set to "Project Files":

Click on your relevant project folder, e.g. Project 3, then drag the project file on to the track pane:

This *should* import everything - i.e. all tracks, synths, plugins, automation etc.

2018/06/28 08:37:36
rodreb
msmcleod - When I tried your method, it worked on projects that open normally but, still will not open any of the problem projects. However.... I happened to remember "safe mode". When I open a problem project in "safe mode", with no plugins, they open !!! Going back and opening in "safe mode" with only plugins that I know are current and good, they open!!! So, the problem lies in some old, incompatible plugin. 
2018/06/28 10:29:08
msmcleod
Strange. I found that if it was a plugin issue, the import would tell me that it couldn't find it and imported it anyhow, allowing me to manually delete the disabled plugin from that track.

However I did find that some of the projects that wouldn't load had sysex banks in them. These did however load on my other PC, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the sysex port for each bank rather than it just having sysex.

I'm glad you've got a solution tho.

2018/06/28 17:27:07
rodreb
msmcleod - Yes, some of my older projects do that, too. For some reason though, some just will not open at all, other than in safe mode. I will try to track down exactly which plugin/plugins are causing this when I get the time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account