• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.77)
2018/06/29 10:47:02
hindue2000
Hello I wondering if anyone knows how to link your obsolete cakewalk ID to bandlab. I have already downloaded the Cakewalk by Bandlab and integrated my previously bought version of Sonar Platinum. But not sure how to link my cakewalk ID to the Bandlab account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2018/06/29 11:15:44
I believe you need to register for BandLab with the same Email Address as you used for your Cakewalk account.
2018/06/30 11:55:54
hindue2000
Thanks ML for that info. Simple enough. I could not find any other ID to link anyway. So you are probably correct.
2018/06/30 12:32:12
pwalpwal
does this make any difference to the end user? (of course, it's good for bandlab to know how many came over from sonar)
2018/06/30 17:46:33
abacab
pwalpwal
does this make any difference to the end user? (of course, it's good for bandlab to know how many came over from sonar)

Not yet it seems, but it may at some future date when/if BandLab attempts to re-release legacy plugins. 

For example, you may get some sort of upgrade credit for already owning versions of premium Cakewalk plugins.  The only way they could know if you were eligible would be by having a link to you former Cakewalk account.
2018/06/30 22:52:50
Well if I understand what has been said correctly, and what has been said isn't just a smoke screen, you 'should' 'eventually' get all your Cakewalk purchases and therefore product downloads etc attached to your BandLab account, and at some point not have to rely on having Platinum installed to access your stuff (older stuff may be a different matter). Then supposedly when/if the Cakewalk site is closed down after the transition is complete, and perhaps CCC becomes inoperable as has been mentioned, rightly or wrongly, you'd supposedly be able to access your stuff manually via your account, and/or via the BA. Plus there is the at times mentioned 'Crossgrade/Upgrade Path' which I am unsure why it would matter with a free product, unless it's with regards to future addons and as such dependent on what you already own or something, time and only time will tell.
2018/06/30 23:16:54
MarianoGF
You must register in your Bandlab account with the same email address registered in your old Cakewalk account. Then the link between them is automatic. You are not obligated to use an old email address, you just must be sure both addresses are the same, so make the change in the account you guess convenient.
2018/07/01 10:51:48
pwalpwal
MarianoGF
You must register in your Bandlab account with the same email address registered in your old Cakewalk account. Then the link between them is automatic. You are not obligated to use an old email address, you just must be sure both addresses are the same, so make the change in the account you guess convenient.

yeah but the question is why bother? it's free to everyone so why does it matter, other than for marketing data?
2018/07/01 11:11:36
pwalpwal
Matron Landslide
Well if I understand what has been said correctly, and what has been said isn't just a smoke screen, you 'should' 'eventually' get all your Cakewalk purchases and therefore product downloads etc attached to your BandLab account, and at some point not have to rely on having Platinum installed to access your stuff (older stuff may be a different matter). Then supposedly when/if the Cakewalk site is closed down after the transition is complete, and perhaps CCC becomes inoperable as has been mentioned, rightly or wrongly, you'd supposedly be able to access your stuff manually via your account, and/or via the BA. Plus there is the at times mentioned 'Crossgrade/Upgrade Path' which I am unsure why it would matter with a free product, unless it's with regards to future addons and as such dependent on what you already own or something, time and only time will tell.

nah, if they only bought the IP and codebase like they said, and explicitly not the business, then it's unlikely any of the other bundled stuff will be made available for free? but registering with the same email address gives them some insight into the business, which they didn't buy...
i mean, they didn't even completely separate cbb from previous sonar installs (the bloody stupid shared folder hive grrrrr ) even though all the announcements suggested that it was a separate install from sonar... so it seems to be an experiment with, i'd guess, a time limit and some kpi... so i'm going for 'smokescreen'
2018/07/01 14:29:31
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account