• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.8)
2018/04/04 13:14:58
andyjobson85
pwalpwal
andyjobson85
I guess I'll install Bandlab Assistant in a SONARless VM later and answer my own question :-/

it would be informative to know what's being done, vm snapshot before and after?

I just want to know if I can completely migrate and only use Bandlab Assistant, given a clean machine.

I own SONAR Platinum but I don't want to have to install 2 DAWs
2018/04/04 13:15:13
pwalpwal
Johannes H
I have Sonar Professional, wll it be a version of that one as well?

everyone is getting platinum version
2018/04/04 13:16:35
Johannes H
@ pwalpwal, great, thanks.
2018/04/04 13:19:37
LJB
Genius business move. Salute. 
2018/04/04 13:19:37
pwalpwal
andyjobson85
pwalpwal
andyjobson85
I guess I'll install Bandlab Assistant in a SONARless VM later and answer my own question :-/

it would be informative to know what's being done, vm snapshot before and after?

I just want to know if I can completely migrate and only use Bandlab Assistant, given a clean machine.

don't forget to install all the 3rd party stuff that came with legacy cakewalk sonar to use in bandcamp cakewalk
2018/04/04 13:25:45
andyjobson85
pwalpwal
andyjobson85

don't forget to install all the 3rd party stuff that came with legacy cakewalk sonar to use in bandcamp cakewalk

Yeah I'd have to do that, like I currently do with my full versions of AD2 and TH2 and Melodyne 4 essential, but I just want to know whats included with the basic install.. what about Dimension Pro, or VX64 Vocal Strip for example
2018/04/04 13:35:07
mcmd
Loaded up a small project in the new Cakewalk.
Same interface as Platinum - The branding now say Cakewalk in place of Sonar Platinum.
All my plugs loaded (>100) except for 3, which I assume just require re-authorization.
No issues.

Thanks Noel and Meng!

2018/04/04 13:47:24
Skyline_UK
The new version reset my Control Bar modules but that only took a minute to re-do. I haven't spotted any other issues.

The PRV now has a dark background, so as Meng said, easier on the eyes. Clicking on 'Help/Documentation' there's a page saying the manual hasn't been migrated yet with links to it elsewhere pro tem.  'Help/Support' goes to a support link all in place.  And as others have pointed out, I'm a 'member' for six months to 4th October 2018. 

I loaded a project from yesterday (the recent files were all still showing under 'File') and nothing burped.  So, all good so far.  I bought full Melodyne and Addictive Drums so I can't speak for those that had the 'included with Sonar' versions.

2018/04/04 13:48:02
RogerFraiha
Hi i'm a Sonar professional user with license expired. I have melodyne's license working well. How i should proceed to update? Thanks
2018/04/04 13:48:15
olemon
I have mixed feelings about this.

Pun somewhat intended.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account