• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.82)
2018/09/14 02:29:55
stevec
HIBI
meng
Changelog for latest release is here.

"What's New" is still 2018.07. It's not be updated to 2018.08 yet. Just to say...

It looks like the new changelog link was mixed up with the prior release notes, and that includes both Features & Enhancements and Bug Fixes. 
2018/09/14 02:35:22
scook
ATM, the website is not current. The entire list of "What's New" entries is here including 2018-08. This link is also the "See previous release notes" at the bottom of the "What's New" page.
2018/09/14 04:10:18
HIBI
scook
ATM, the website is not current. The entire list of "What's New" entries is here including 2018-08. This link is also the "See previous release notes" at the bottom of the "What's New" page.

Yeah, I know all the links.
I just think that it is necessary to update these in real time so as not to cause confusion. It is not good that the link ("What's New" page) written by Meng is not latest, I think so.

2018/09/14 06:29:23
SandlinJohn
HIBI
I just think that it is necessary to update these in real time so as not to cause confusion. It is not good that the link ("What's New" page) written by Meng is not latest, I think so.

My guess is the web page is managed by an entirely different group than the folks creating the actual updates to the app. They might have to send the updates via those google docs to the web admin and it gets put into whatever update queue the Web Admins have to work through. So it gets way behind.

It would be silly to have the guys writing and testing the code for Cakewalk also do the webby stuff.
2018/09/14 08:10:48
pwalpwal
SandlinJohn
HIBI

My guess is the web page is managed by an entirely different group than the folks creating the actual updates to the app. They might have to send the updates via those google docs to the web admin and it gets put into whatever update queue the Web Admins have to work through. So it gets way behind.

It would be silly to have the guys writing and testing the code for Cakewalk also do the webby stuff.

gosh, the challenges of time management, planning and communication!!
2018/09/14 21:07:04
SandlinJohn
pwalpwal

Don't forget the bit about Priorities.
2018/09/15 09:26:58
brands
You're great!!! I love Cakewalk since 80'......  please, don't forget to adjust the Staff View!!!!
Again, thanks a lot!!!! I love your job for us all......

2018/09/15 11:43:14
pwalpwal
SandlinJohn
pwalpwal

Don't forget the bit about Priorities.

yeah, but i'd've thought - as a web-oriented company - the web-oriented tasks (like updating a product page) would be a silky-smooth process by now, the google docs link comes across as minimal effort and amateurish
2018/09/15 12:00:38
Kamikaze
brands
 please, don't forget to adjust the Staff View!!!!

2018/09/15 17:24:41
michael diemer
Hell, at this point I'd be grateful if they just keep Staff View. It works for me, and is a must. Without it, I would have to go back to Reaper. Not that Reaper is a bad DAW by any means, but CbB is so much more intuitive. Not to mention beautiful.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account