• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.83)
2018/09/16 19:09:35
phil141058
Thanks for your suggestion. I've resolved it in the end by reinstalling Studio Instruments, after which everything is working fine and sounding great.
2018/09/16 19:12:09
phil141058
Thanks for your suggestion. I did this and everything is now working fine
2018/09/24 04:53:15
geoffmobile
I have been using the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab for a couple of days now and I must say that I am impressed!! Very stable, it hasn't crashed once, and the workflow is very smooth and familiar as a long time Cakewalk user. Major kudos to the team!
2018/09/28 02:42:22
William Moreau
I just wanted to say a hearty THANK YOU to Bandlab for picking up Cakewalk!  Been through 10 month of Cubase hell (Not saying its bad software, but to an old fart like me who has been with CW since 2003...its got a hard learning curve that I was continually struggling through).  Your videos/tutorials are some of the best EVER for us laymen.

Thank you, and I hope you continue on this path for many years to come!
Sincerely,
Mick
2018/09/30 06:11:25
Viamichael
brands
You're great!!! I love Cakewalk since 80'......  please, don't forget to adjust the Staff View!!!!
Again, thanks a lot!!!! I love your job for us all......

Whatever you do, do not lose staff view. If my town ran out of drinking water, I’d have to move. I feel the same way about the staff. It’s just a beautiful way to quickly see the music and an inspirational way of visualizing ways to enhance it. I remember the first few weeks of music theory. Forty some odd years later I still get that amazing feeling of opportunity when I see a bass line or a melody line. Making the two work together in endless ways is right there on the staff.

I’m amazed that people can endlessly improvise or write spectacular songs without knowing anything about theory or that beautiful staff. They are very gifted. I need the staff. In fact, I need a better staff. Bandlab, please hire a few graduates from UISP, the University of International Staff Programming.
2018/09/30 15:50:55
toddsilva
Post removed and moved to another thread.
2018/10/02 03:39:34
MarianoGF
Dear BandLab:
Is there any plan to continue development of Dimension, Rapture, Z3TA+, Session Drummer, Channel Tools, LP Equalizer, LP Multiband and Adaptive Limiter? I don't pretend to know details, nor assuming they would be free, but just whether is some plan or they are abandoned.
2018/10/02 03:45:27
scook
MarianoGF
Dear BandLab:
Is there any plan to continue development of Dimension, Rapture, Z3TA+

Cakewalk stopped development on these three plug-ins years ago. DP and Rapture were replaced by Rapture Pro and BandLab has mentioned Rapture Pro development in a couple of posts but did not provide a timetable. Z3TA+ was replaced by Z3TA+2, no word about its future yet. Hard to imagine BandLab would revive plug-ins that have been replaced by newer products from the Cakewalk line.
2018/10/02 04:14:13
MarianoGF
Thanks Scook. Maybe I was not so clear. I was ofcourse referring to the last version of every plugin. When I said for instance Session Drummer, I meant SD3, but I didn't say "3" because maybe BandLab has plans for SD4. However, I have to admit I didn't know that Rapture Pro were a fusion of Dimension Pro + Rapture. Anyway, I'm talking about every latest SONAR synths and plugins (not 3rd party, ofcourse) that are absent in CbB.
2018/10/02 04:29:45
scook
My understanding is many of the Cakewalk plug-ins bundled with Platinum and other Cakewalk products will eventually be released but it cannot happen until the Cakewalk user accounts are migrated. This must be completed before BandLab can offer any of their versions of the old Cakewalk products for sale otherwise there would be no way to handle updates and upgrade pricing.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account