• Software
  • iLok... or "how I was lo(c)k(ed)" (p.3)
2019/01/10 12:28:05
gswitz
azslow3
bdickens
iLok only provides the method for managing software licenses. They do not issue them. It is up to the individual software developers to determine when, if and how many authorizations to give you.

They provide the management for issued licenses. You point could be an argument... in case iLok by technology can not do something. But there is a prove they technically can, they do if you pay them.

bdickens
So don't get mad at the vendors, get mad at the pirates.

Vendors can be mad from pirates, that is a valid point. But do I as a customer suffer from pirates? No.
Vendors shift the consequences of piracy to me with the logic:
"we have problems with pirates, well... let our customers suffer from piracy instead of us".
I first pay for the protection system and then suffer from it. I do not need it and that is vendor's choice, not my.
And so the vendor is responsible for my problems, not the weather/cat/child which can destroy a dongle, not a broken component in my computer which can be replaced under warrantee and for sure not some abstract "pirates".

I can speak for myself only. Have I bought any program because it was copy protected and had no crack? No!
I have bought the first license for Sonar because it had NO online nor dongle protection at that time. That was
deal breaking argument for me.

We are so lucky to have you in our group! Thanks for all you do!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account