2015/02/06 07:53:43
Mack
I think the new Sonar Control Bar is quite nice. There is one Feature I would like to see added. That would be the ability to float just the transport module, outside of the Control Bar. If that were possible, I could often times just completely close the Control Module.
2015/02/06 09:10:01
scook
You can get the same result by floating the CB and resizing it to show just the transport module, like this

or just the transport controls

The CB resize is persistent across sessions and all the modules loaded in the CB are still accessible using the horizontal scroll buttons or drag the bar temporarily into the main window to get a quick expanded view.
2015/02/06 10:14:50
Mack
Scook- thanks so much for pointing this out. I had no idea this could be done. I will definitely start doing this!😃
2015/02/06 10:21:16
scook
Can this be marked as [Implemented] ?
2015/02/06 10:34:23
BassDaddy
Great idea. And save it as a screen set. Maybe float the custom module with it.
 Well done you two.
2015/02/06 14:09:58
williamcopper
It's ok as a workaround.   I had the same point of view as the OP:  keep the control bar visible and docked for the things it is good at, while having the transport float independently.   The minimize and drag when needed is ok, but not really an implementation of the request.
2016/07/10 18:09:37
Thedoccal
The only module in the Control Bar that I would ever need to "detach" is the Transport Module.  Rather than going through the time and expense of making the modules detachable individually once more (don't know when that feature was discarded...maybe it made the floating Control Bar have issues), a return of the Large Transport View would perhaps be easier?  In either case, any floating *transport* feature would be greatly appreciated, so I can start and stop the songs from whatever screen I am at (there is a screen over by the drums that has a mouse only).  I do have a wireless remote transport device, over at the piano, and I can use that, and I can also undock the entire Control Bar and move it to the other screens...so there are adequate work arounds.  But I miis the Large Transport View in particular.  Thank you verily much for listening.
2016/07/10 18:16:49
scook
joined with similar idea
2016/07/12 16:05:26
Thedoccal
scook's resize will work in a pinch.  BIG TIME VIEW I use during rehearsals...Full Screen.  I can think of things I'd like to put in all that unused real estate...like a custom graphic that tells me where in the song I am...that I can see from a distance...with colored cells for each song section...with that Large Transport in it as well. 
2016/10/08 09:01:48
Mack
I would like to see a separate floatable, resizable, Transport module made available. Where you could close the control bar Module, but still keep the transport Module visible and be able to drag it where ever you wish.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account