2017/11/07 13:55:47
M-Kode
I understand. I have a few Vst plugins that load a bunch of samples at once (SFZ files with samples etc.).
Everything is updated to the latest drivers.

Checked google for the error...couldn't find anything except some coding that I couldn't understand that shows how to find the cause. I've re-installed the Vst about 8-9 times now seems to only be a problem with the orchestral expansion. 

2017/11/07 14:11:43
scook
How long have you used Rapture Session? If it is a recent purchase, you may have some recourse through Cakewalk Sales. If the plug-in came as a magazine promotion, support is a different matter entirely.

When did you first notice the error?

Do any VST3 plug-ins load?

What host are you using?

M-Kode
if i redirect the folder it seems to make some presets go missing... weird

How was this done?
2017/11/07 14:39:27
scook
M-Kode
Most of them load.. "Orchestral Stacks - Cinematic Harp" Causes the error along with a few others. This is during the start of a new project. Including when I use the standalone.

It may be size related. I was relying on the reported memory use in the Program entry field. I do not believe Cinematic Harp is reporting its size correctly. One of the sfz files used by this program contains a little over 450 MB of flac samples. Cinematic Harps may not exceed the 32bit OS limit but without a 32bit machine to test, I cannot say for sure.

Also, I have no idea what ships with Session because I have Pro and a bunch of other stuff installed. I can look at other programs and get an idea of their size, if it would help. For example, "Atmospheric - Atmos Harp" is a very large program that will crash on 32bit machines.
2017/11/07 15:30:15
M-Kode
How long have you used Rapture Session? If it is a recent purchase, you may have some recourse through Cakewalk Sales.
If the plug-in came as a magazine promotion, support is a different matter entirely.
-- It came with a magazine promotion. used it literaly just yesterday (1 day).

When did you first notice the error?
-- as soon as I started going through the orchestral sounds.

Do any VST3 plug-ins load?
-- I can't load vst3

What host are you using?
-- Host? FL Studio
Presets go missing when redirecting folder,...
How was this done?
-- Went into settings on the cakewalk command centre and changed the install path.
the presets that are causing the errors are...
Atmospheric -
--Ambient Acceptance
Bass Guitars -
-- Bass 8-String
-- compressed Slap
-- Gibson LFO Bass Synth
-- Moving Bass Synth
-- Wha Bass 1
Bass Synth -
-- Fractal Bass 2
Electric Guitars -
-- Driven To Madness
Orchestral Stacks -
-- Accented Trem
-- Build Tension
-- Celestial Ether
-- Celestial Plunkton
-- Cinematic Harp
-- Cinematic Linnstrument
-- Cinematic Snares
-- Things Happen Over Time
Organs -
-- Chilly Organ
Pattern Synth -
-- 8th Pulse Pluck 2
-- Phood Phor Thoughts
-- Talking Bass
Pianos -
-- Electric Grand
-- Speaking Piano
Strings -
-- Bit Strings
2017/11/07 16:03:53
scook
They all load fine in 64bit Rapture Session. Based on load time, only a few of those programs are large so there must be something else about them that is giving your machine trouble. It is hard for me to diagnose not having a similar platform to test. 

I doubt moving the data around will make a difference but when relocating files, I prefer to let the installer use defaults then move the folders and create directory junctions to point back to the default locations.

Sorry I cannot be more help.
2017/11/07 16:14:35
M-Kode
It's ok. I appreciate your time :)
Thank you.

Edit: I did notice however...it can't load the flac. files. in the log. it comes up with error when trying to load them.
2017/11/07 16:36:59
M-Kode
ahh.. I believe i have figured out why it's not loading those presets. 

It's trying to load them as .Wav files...but.. they are .flac files.

I had a read through the log...and found this...(As an example 1 line)

ERROR: Trying c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\garritan pocket orchestra\woodwinds\bassoon solo samples\bassoonc2.wav at default filepath

As you can see...it wants to load the wav file. but,...They are not wav files they are .flac files. 
Maybe this is an error cakewalk has made? 

2017/11/07 16:47:54
scook
IIRC, it tries to load the flac then the wav (it could be the other way or it might look for the exact name in the sfz file before searching for alternates, I do not recall ATM) and if related legacy synths are installed, it looks in those directories too. You can alter the sfz to see if changing the sample file extensions matter. I doubt it does because the sfz files should be the same on my install. I will look at one if you wish.

2017/11/07 16:49:09
scook
Then again, it might work better if the flac files were converted to wav. Something else to try.

2017/11/07 17:45:30
M-Kode
:D it worked! Tested with the cinematic harp. converted every sound related to it to wav by using the log file. and now it loads up without any issues :D. so, going to convert all the others too :P

Hopefully cakewalk can fix this so others don't have to go through all this trouble. but converting all the flac. to wav. fixes the errors & crashes :D
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account