2018/05/26 21:34:15
RSMCGUITAR
I've yet to be updated, just wondering if I'm alone there or if it hasn't rolled out to many of you.
2018/05/26 21:41:48
jamesg1213
I'll be getting it tomorrow morning, like it or not. Put it off 3 times but that option's been removed.

Will report back from the other side.
2018/05/26 23:39:06
RSMCGUITAR
See I have yet to even have the option to put it off.
2018/05/28 10:46:09
fireberd
I've had 1803 since it was officially rolled out.  Only "problem" I've had is the default PC audio playback device and that has been fixed in another update.  In the initial 1803 if my recording interface unit was powered on (and connected) Windows automatically selected it as the default.  With the update it has been corrected and the PC audio playback device (Speakers) remains as the default device even with the recording interface unit connected (like it worked before 1803).

2018/05/28 17:11:39
jamesg1213
RSMCGUITAR
See I have yet to even have the option to put it off.

I'm still putting it off. I've set my 'active hours' to 6.00am - 11pm, and always power up/down inside those hours, never restarting. It'll get me eventually though.
2018/05/28 23:40:55
abacab
I understand that there are those that wish to test early releases, or the latest version, and that benefits us all!

But I have personally never been an early adopter, preferring to hang back and let things get worked out a bit.

My current plan with Windows 10 is to remain one release behind the latest, as I assume that most of the issues with the slightly older version will be resolved by that point.

For example, this weekend I just upgraded to from Win10 1703 to 1709, as 1803 is now the latest release.
2018/05/29 18:08:32
abacab
Windows 10 quality issues?

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/15/windows-10-version-1803-does-not-play-nice-with-some-solid-state-drives-ssd/

Microsoft's recommendation for device owners is to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 or wait until the release of a patch which the company hopes to release in June.

Why was not the issue with Surface 2017 with Intel SSDs detected by the company? It surely tested the new version of Windows 10 on its own devices before launching it to customers worldwide?
While it is certainly impossible to test a new version of Windows 10 on all hardware configurations, Microsoft appears to rely too much on data that it gets from the Insider channel and from Home customers when new versions of Windows 10 get released, and less on data from company internal tests and quality controls.
The Windows 10 version 1803 release notes highlight both issues right now. Microsoft's only suggestion to customers is to restore the previous version of Windows 10 on the device.

2018/05/29 19:14:48
RSMCGUITAR
Thanks abacab,

My main concern was that there wasn't some problem with my system preventing an update. Looks like waiting is the best bet.
2018/05/30 09:43:24
olemon
I'd make sure you have a system image and a Windows 10 Repair dvd or usb beforehand.

I haven't installed that update on my studio pc because it already crashed one of our laptops and it took some effort to get it back up and running Windows, the files restored, etc.  A major debacle.

For the time being, I've uninstalled Avast anti-virus software on our other pc's and on my studio pc, just using Windows Defender.

https://answers.microsoft...4945-9f0c-17ac854400e2
2018/05/30 10:26:50
fireberd
I have Win 10 Pro (latest version) and also a dual boot with the Windows Insider advanced versions.  I have the Insider version specifically so I can test Sonar and my recording software/hardware.  Thus when a new version or update is issued for Win 10, I'm confident my production system is going to work OK.  There was the one snag on audio playback device (that would have only affected a very few) I mentioned on the initial 1803 but a later update fixed that.  The only other issue was with Roland drivers not being available when Win 10 was first issued, but that was a Roland snafu - they had plenty of time to have drivers available as advanced copies of Win 10 were made available to vendors so they could be ready and Roland wasn't.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account