• Software
  • Acoustic Revolutions 3: the ultimate acoustic guitar rhythm library (p.2)
2018/06/08 22:46:05
ZincTrumpet
Thanks for clarifying guys.
2018/08/08 05:40:03
bjornpdx
So I bought Impact Soundworks Acoustic Revolutions 3 because I needed yet another strumming instrument. I like it but it takes a really long time to load in Kontakt, two or  maybe three minutes at times. If you click anywhere while it's loading it will crash your project. Anyway, that's been my experience.
2018/08/08 07:46:21
Glyn Barnes
bjornpdx
So I bought Impact Soundworks Acoustic Revolutions 3 because I needed yet another strumming instrument. I like it but it takes a really long time to load in Kontakt, two or  maybe three minutes at times. If you click anywhere while it's loading it will crash your project. Anyway, that's been my experience.
I don't have this so I can't comment specifically but have you done a batch resave on it, this often solves this sort of issue.
2018/08/08 22:43:40
bjornpdx
Thanks Glyn
That seems to have done the trick.
2018/08/11 00:34:56
gmon72
Does 3 include 1 and 2?
2018/08/11 03:20:40
Fleer
gmon72
Does 3 include 1 and 2?

Not so, I’m afraid.
2018/08/12 14:11:44
Leee
My initial thoughts of Acoustic Revolutions 3.
First, I should point out that I have WAY more virtual guitars than I really need, but each one usually has something unique to offer.  A quick rundown on most of my guitar samplers are: MusicLabs Real Guitars (all of them), Orange Tree Samples -Evolution Series (12 of them), Scarbee Funk Guitarist and Strummed Acoustic 2, Indiginus guitars (including the new Renegade Acoustic).  That last one is where I should have stopped. 

I like the amount and variety of strums that come with Acoustic Revolutions 3. Strums come in 4/4, 3/4, and 6/8.
But I'm not happy with the sampled chords.  Using the built in FX, such as Chorus or Reverb, tends to leave unnatural sounding artifacts.  The compressor seems okay though. (I haven't tried using external plugin fx with it yet)
But even with all the FX turned off, there is something that doesn't sound right when playing various chords.
It sounds like they weren't sampled very well or very consistently.  When switching chords you can hear an audible shift in the EQ from chord to chord.

I didn't download the optional WAV files, although I'm not sure what they are for, or if they replace the existing sampled chords with a higher quality sample.  But at over 8GB for the initial samples, I didn't want to fill up anymore space on my hard drive.

So, to sum up, I like the amount and variety of strum patterns, but I'm not at all happy with the overall sound.
If you're looking for a great sounding acoustic guitar, that you can strum AND solo single notes (along with many articulations like trills, hammer-ons, up and down slides, etc.) I would suggest Indiginus new Renegade Acoustic, for about $40 cheaper.  The sampling quality is much better, but not as many strum patterns.
I will continue to use AR3 for it's strum patterns, and try running it through a guitar fx plugin like TH3 or Guitar Rig and see if that helps.

Thanks for reading!
2018/08/13 02:28:15
Leee
Follow up on my previous review.
I might have been a bit too harsh when it came to reviewing the sampled chord sounds of this product.
I've been playing with it more today, and if I keep all the fx turned off, with the Fret Noise volume turned down, the samples really don't sound that horrible. Even though most of my other virtual guitars do sound better, on it's own the Acoustic Revolutions 3 does sound okay, especially within a mix of other instruments.

One of the things that was really bugging me is the Fret Noise, every so often it sounds like someone saying "Woooooh", which (with headphones on) can be kind of startling.  It also sounded a little like my dog whining outside my studio door.   So I found that turning down the fret noise, or shutting it off completely, fixes that problem.

As I mentioned, I really do like the strum patterns, but as someone asked in a previous comment, No, they are not named anything useful.  They are just simply numbered "Rhythm 1" through 48.  But when you select a strum pattern you can see a visually representation of the pattern at the top of the UI.  That does somewhat help identify the kind of strum you can expect to hear.
2018/10/24 04:16:07
arznable
Leee
My initial thoughts of Acoustic Revolutions 3.
First, I should point out that I have WAY more virtual guitars than I really need, but each one usually has something unique to offer.  A quick rundown on most of my guitar samplers are: MusicLabs Real Guitars (all of them), Orange Tree Samples -Evolution Series (12 of them), Scarbee Funk Guitarist and Strummed Acoustic 2, Indiginus guitars (including the new Renegade Acoustic).  That last one is where I should have stopped. 

Hi Lee, since you have the OTS Evolution Series already, can I ask how come you also bought guitar strumming virtual instruments like the "NI Strummed Acoustic 2" and the "ISW Acoustic Revolutions 3"?  I think you can create any strumming patterns you want with the OTS Evolution Series, right?  Thanks a lot.
2018/10/24 11:45:10
msmcleod
Does anyone have an opinion as to how Acoustic Revolutions 3 this compares to either NI Strummed Acoustic or UJAM Virtual Guitarist Amber (I have both of these)?

I've got Impact Soundworks Shreddage 2, which is fantastic so I'm of no doubt that Acoustic Revolutions 3 is a great VSTi.

From listening to the demos though, I'm struggling to see how this would give me any more than what I've already got.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account