2018/11/25 18:47:58
Marshall
In the end I resisted all BF stuff and bought Spectrasonics Trilian! I have spent the day ploughing through the Groove 3 Trilian course to get the most from my investment.

Would love to hear from other users. I’m primarily an audio person, guitar player and singer, but a year ago after taking massive of soundings from the great people on this forum, I plunged in and bought Omnisphere. It was a choice between that and Kontakt...which I still haven’t got but will one day. I have used Omnisphere in a lot of my compositions since and I am so glad I bought it. I nearly went for Kontakt again this BF but I honestly think (hope!) that Trilian will bring something new to my music. I’m a reasonable bass guitar player, but what seems possible with Trilian is way beyond. Super excited.

Any experiences Trilan folks would like to share?
Cheers
2018/11/25 19:45:48
DeeringAmps
Started with Trilogy, upgraded to Trillian.
It’s deep, not sure if I’ve even scratched the surface.
I do love it.
2018/11/25 20:16:04
bitflipper
I bought Trilian only because I lacked a good acoustic bass. I wasn't at all interested in the synth basses it offers, as Zebra can perform that duty much more efficiently. I also didn't care that I could pull up Trilian patches in Omnisphere.

However, after a couple years with Trilian under my belt, I find I'm using it more and more, and not just the acoustic basses that I originally got it for. There is an instrument called Hardcore that I really like for heavier genres. But still can't get excited about the synth stuff.

I have two complaints re Trilian. First, the samples are huge and take a long time to load. Second, it's not as easy to program as a good Kontakt library. If I'm going to feature the bass prominently with lots of articulations, I'll usually fall back to one of my old Kontakt-based favorites such as Orange Tree Samples' awesome Rickenbacker.

Trilian's integration with Omnisphere is kinda OK. I hate clicking on a patch and not realizing it's a Trilian patch until it becomes obvious when the "loading" progress bar takes forever. Same thing with loading Keyscape patches within Omnisphere. There are a lot of cool possibilities with layering the three Spectrasonics instruments, but I am too impatient to explore them fully.
2018/11/25 21:03:13
Bajan Blue
Started with Trilogy, upgraded to Trillian. 
It’s deep, not sure if I’ve even scratched the surface. 
I do love it.

What Tom said!!
Nigel
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account