• SONAR
  • Embarassed - Adding NI Session Horns Plugin with Plugin Manager
2018/12/26 09:01:40
TedPiano
Hi Gang - Hope you're having a very Happy Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year

Sorry about this but I'm trying to add NI Session Horns with the Plugin Manager - Session Horns has downloaded to C/Users/Public/Document/Session Horns - is it a case of copying dll's to the vst files - or am I missing the point

Sorry to be so basic but I've made a few mistakes lately and would like to just get it right the first time.

Thanks for any advice/direction 
Very Best
Ed
2018/12/26 09:14:29
Bristol_Jonesey
Copying dll's might work but equally it might not. 

You need to make sure that the path where the dll's sit is mirrored in Sonar's Plugin Manager
All you need do then is rescan the folders
2018/12/26 09:25:56
TedPiano
Hi Bristol Jonesey, Merry Christmas

Thanks very much - so to mirror in the Plugin Manager how deep do I go into the Session Horns file because I've selected the file i.e. as a Header/General File selection in Public Documents via the Plugin Manager but so far no link has appeared in Manager available VST's - do I need to go inside the Public Docs file and select something - If so what do I select?

Thanks again 
Best
Ed

2018/12/26 09:33:32
John
We are talking about the library for Kontakt? If so that needs to be authorized and placed in your Kontakt sounds folder.
2018/12/26 09:39:43
TedPiano
Hi John,

Will try opening Kontakt and authorising - but I'm sure I've already done it by Native Access - bloody hell at the moment I really hate NI - why is nothing easy - probably just me but it seems to be the most unfriendly user site I've ever come across 

Anyway - thanks again - all the best
Ed

2018/12/26 18:19:56
michael diemer
Is the library visible on the left hand side of the Kontakt Player? If not, you need to bring it up there.
2018/12/26 18:42:35
TedPiano
Hi All 
Thanks for the responses - Think I'm/We're Half Way There - I hope this is the link/info that solves the issue for myself and anyone else struggling with NI - but I must say the info was there by NI so apologies to them
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210313545-Sonar-Guide-Plug-in-Administration

Anyway best to all
Thanks again
Best
Ed 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account