2005/07/21 13:22:12
Quiet Bear
I hope that 67 does not make me the oldest chronologically. But when I grow up, Ill look back on these years as some of the best learning times.
2005/07/21 14:15:37
Bradster
ORIGINAL: Quiet Bear

I hope that 67 does not make me the oldest chronologically. But when I grow up, Ill look back on these years as some of the best learning times.

No QB, I think that still makes you younger than b-rock. He's not a first one, he is the first one!

2005/07/21 15:56:40
mike85021
ORIGINAL: brock
I don't feel a day over 92.

What's my secret? All natural organic lifestyle and holistic cures, pack-and-a-half of Marlboro with my morning cafe cubano, and lots of young chicks.

Yeah? Seems like vampires do the young chicks part of that equation. You're on to something, no doubt. Or just on something!

So Grandpa Mojo isn’t telling (yet), and you’re going to be all mysterious about it (I’m guessing between 38 and 50, right?) that would make me the eldest, and undoubtedly wiseasst of you all!
2005/07/21 16:28:58
gourdjopy
ORIGINAL: rabeach
first show SunRa and the Arkestra. also the first time i fell in love upon meeting the beautify June Tyson, dancer.

since i was 19 i have felt personally responsible for the death of sun ra. he came through minneapolis (in 1992) and i missed the concert. he died shortly thereafter. same thing with miles davis at about the same time; could have seen him in 1991, missed the show, then he died. since that time i've made certain i never miss any major jazz musician playing in a town where i live.
2005/07/21 16:53:01
MiWi
I'll be 52 in September.

2005/07/21 16:59:19
mike85021

ORIGINAL: MiWi

I'll be 52 in September.

Hmmmm. You look not a day over 39. I swear!
2005/07/21 17:04:22
grandpa mojo
ORIGINAL: tclark

what about Grandpa Mojo?!!!!? ne1 know how old he is? or maybe he can tell us himself! :D

T

Well... let's put it this way, my only son is a year older than you... (doh!)

I'm 41... but you know, I've been thinking (and I'm serious about this!) - I keep getting told I look like I'm 28-32... so that's what I'm going to start saying... 32. 32. 32. 32.

So, there! You small band of misfits are the only ones that will know from this day forward that my true age is 9 years older than I'll be saying until they take me screaming and scratching in to my coffin.

- Grandpa Mojo
www.grandpamojo.com
2005/07/21 17:23:08
b rock
Grandpa Mojo isn’t telling (yet), and you’re going to be all mysterious about it (I’m guessing between 38 and 50, right?) that would make me the eldest, and undoubtedly wiseasst of you all!
Hey Mikey: How are those chickens? Par-boiled yet in the heat? No mystery about it. Let's put it this way: I was picked up by the police en route to the original Woodstock concert with guitar in tow. I was hitch-hiking across NY State at the ripe old age of 13. So that wouild make me ... old, and barely holding in your estimated range of ages.

I'm trying to remember my first concert; I missed Hendrix at Woodstock, so that doesn't count. I remember Mountain at the Utica Zoo, and Marshall Tucker/Charlie Daniels on a community college gymnasium floor, but I was into jazz well before rock, so I know that I missing a few. [brain cells or concerts; take your pick].

And, yes, Mikey: You'll always be hands-down the wiseasst of all.
2005/07/21 17:32:47
MurderDethKill

ORIGINAL: gourdjopy

ORIGINAL: rabeach
first show SunRa and the Arkestra. also the first time i fell in love upon meeting the beautify June Tyson, dancer.

since i was 19 i have felt personally responsible for the death of sun ra. he came through minneapolis (in 1992) and i missed the concert. he died shortly thereafter. same thing with miles davis at about the same time; could have seen him in 1991, missed the show, then he died. since that time i've made certain i never miss any major jazz musician playing in a town where i live.

Remind me that if you ever have tickets to one of my shows for me to send you a limo...I ain't ready to shuffle off this mortal coil quite yet!!!
2005/07/21 18:00:56
mike85021
ORIGINAL: b rock

Hey Mikey: How are those chickens? Par-boiled yet in the heat?

One thinks shes' a duck - sits in her water pail. They're all laying, and no hard boiled eggs yet (we had a 117° day)

No mystery about it. Let's put it this way: I was picked up by the police en route to the original Woodstock concert with guitar in tow. I was hitch-hiking across NY State at the ripe old age of 13. So that wouild make me ...

Ah! I'm 8 years older than you.

I win.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account