2005/07/21 19:12:29
rabeach
since that time i've made certain i never miss any major jazz musician playing in a town where i live.

miles davis---see i was trying to figure whether i should tap my toe on the inside of my shoe or tap on the outside; anyway 'laughs' these were the things that i was thinking about during that time.----paraphrased from my memory accuracy who knows.

it was just to cold in pennsylvania, no heat and the arkestra had little money by the time they were able to get SunRa on the train bound for Birmingham, AL it was to late. i spoke with Marshall Allen in new orleans at that years jazz festival and he said SunRa was going to be dead very soon.

SunRa an honest man from outer space and he can take you there.
2005/07/21 19:40:08
oroboros
36 ... but I stopped counting at 27 ...

Old enough to know most of the stuff on MTV is crap, young enough to still be embarrassed to admit that I prefer watching VH1 or Austin City Limits.

First concert: Van Halen's 1984 tour. Argh...
2005/07/21 20:03:07
woodamand
ORIGINAL: rabeach

i've seen um come and go, wars floods famine fire in the rain, i'll be one happy camper when i finally get to leave but i do love it here.

dam i just looked at my birth certificate and it states i'm 46
x^2

first show SunRa and the Arkestra. also the first time i fell in love upon meeting the beautify June Tyson, dancer . seeing and hearing SunRa Marshall Allen and John Gilmore had a profound impact on my life.
Sonny Rollins performed the next night and Gary Burton the following.

Sun Ra - saw him twice, got a white album signed by him and everyone else in the Arkestra - way, way better and more out there than just about anyone. Yeah, fortunate are we, eh?
2005/07/21 21:03:32
:10:
Remind me that if you ever have tickets to one of my shows for me to send you a limo...I ain't ready to shuffle off this mortal coil quite yet !!!

any show's......you dont even have any music.....lol
2005/07/21 22:33:58
Bob
Argh. Everybodys telling about their first concert. I saw these guys 1975.

http://www.rytmi.com/rytmi101/101hurriganes.html

Guitarist Albert Järvinen on the right is still my all time guitar hero. Guy on the midlle is still alive.
2005/07/21 22:41:39
fschmierer
Just turned 52. Can't remember for sure if it was my first concert, but I say Jimi play at Cal Expo in Sacramento California. Its for sure the one I remember best.
2005/07/21 23:14:11
rjt

My first real concert was New York Rock Ensemble (featuring M. Kamen who began writing for movies and, unfortunately, died recently.) My first big name, headliners concert was Matthews Southern Comfort, Deep Purple and Rod Stewart with Faces in 1971 at the Spectrum in Philly. It was a dance concert and cost a whopping $5 to get in. I guess the concert I remember the best (or most fondly) was either Yes opening for ELP or The Band playing with Dylan.... both great experiences.

TakeCare
2005/07/22 00:58:43
CloudWalker
Im just a weeeeee little tike. Ripe old age of 15!
Ya'll are old geezers! J/k

Ps: anyone know how old Rene is?
2005/07/22 01:12:15
sleazy
Ok...rjt, Im from Media, PA...suburb of Philley....went West to Portland Oregon in 1981,
saw my first real concert at the Electric Factory in Philly in 1968......one night was Country Joe and the Fish, The Small Faces and Canned Heat........$3.50 ticket...and we where ****ing about it.....until we saw these guys.
By the way a local band in Philley called Mandrake Memorial had a good guitar player...Craig Anderton.
2005/07/22 01:27:36
MurderDethKill

ORIGINAL: CloudWalker

Im just a weeeeee little tike. Ripe old age of 51!
Ya'll are old geezers! J/k

Ps: anyone know how old Rene is?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang u old!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account