2005/07/22 12:50:56
:10:
"age rectifier"

rectum................darn near killed em............

yep...the work day really needs to end soon.
2005/07/22 12:58:24
mike85021

ORIGINAL: grandpa mojo
...It was cool... and he was a VERY nice guy! Very down to earth.

- Grandpa Mojo
www.grandpamojo.com

Wow! What an honor!

<playing "Thanks for the memories" in headtronic unit>

I stand in awe of Master Grandpa Mojo!

<quick calc on headtronic unit -- notes go flying -- minor cuts from quarternotes, and a bruise from a long hold over a whole note... calc unit spews numbers>

That makes you what, 39? Awful young for a Grandpa!
2005/07/22 13:00:00
mike85021

ORIGINAL: :10:

yep...the work day really needs to end soon.

That's why they call it Friday, because by the time you get there, your brain is fried!
2005/07/22 13:06:26
book
52 here. I think. Saw jimi in one of his last concerts at the old boston garden. Not sure if it was the substance abuse or jimi and his wall of marshals but he sure did sound fine. No fireing up his guitar though. Last concert was tom waits at the orpheum in boston a couple of years ago. Man thats was a very cool show. Just can't figure out what planet he hails from.
2005/07/22 13:48:54
tclark

ORIGINAL: ecamburn

ORIGINAL: tclark

Im the KID!!! 15.

lol yeah

though someone when we first met said they though i was like 19

T

Both of my kids are older than you tclark.

I'm 43.

eric

:D... how old? - I really must b the baby 2 u! (as in young!!!).

T
2005/07/22 19:58:37
rjt

ORIGINAL: sleazy

Ok...rjt, Im from Media, PA...suburb of Philley....went West to Portland Oregon in 1981,
saw my first real concert at the Electric Factory in Philly in 1968......one night was Country Joe and the Fish, The Small Faces and Canned Heat........$3.50 ticket...and we where ****ing about it.....until we saw these guys.
By the way a local band in Philley called Mandrake Memorial had a good guitar player...Craig Anderton.

Very good! Philly was (and probably is) a pretty hot music town. Did graduate work in Florida from 81 to 85 then came out to Portland. You don't happen to be an Eagles (please no jokes about the band.... the football team is much, much older and has made lots more money) fan are you?

Take Care
2005/07/22 20:35:02
b rock
See what you started here, Sean? In deference to our younger members here, you'll have to admit that this forum is full of old farts. Someone with a statistical bent could average out the responses and give a median age, but I'd say it's leaning towards middle age (that is, if I live to be 98; extremely doubtful).

What's up with that? It's about the same age group that I see at the Sonar/P5 tour stops. Is this Geritolware? I don't know if we've all just been through enough software to recognize a good thing when we see it, or something else entirely. It can't just be ease-of-use; there's enough DIY people here that push through the obvious into the unknown. And who in their right mind with presbyopia would knowingly choose the DS864 as a sampler?

From other threads, it seems that a lot of us have chosen career paths that have taken us away from our music, but that gnawing feeling at the core has brought us back in spite of the logic against that. And P5 is often the relapse 'drug-of-choice'. Are we just a bunch of stubborn rebels who refuse to give in to the reflection in the mirror?

I'd say it was just a mid-life crisis, but I've personally been through about a half-dozen of those already. From now on, I'm referring to the arpeggiator as the AARP. Here's to changing the name of the software to Project55. Firstly, because I can't drive 55. Hell, that's the speed that I parallel park at. That, and I want free checking.
2005/07/22 21:00:25
rabeach
presbyopia

i come here just to look up words like this
Main Entry: pres·by·o·pia
Pronunciation: "prez-bE-'O-pE-&, "pres-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
: a visual condition which becomes apparent especially in middle age and in which loss of elasticity of the lens of the eye causes defective accommodation and inability to focus sharply for near vision

ORIGINAL: b rock
..... Hell, that's the speed that I parallel park at. ....

my calculus teacher was an Ethiopian rebel (the rebellion lost and since he had to leave Ethiopia he went to school at oxford to hide) and i personally witnessed him remove his vehicle from a parallel park at 55mph so i believe you.
2005/07/22 21:07:24
sleazy
Not only a Eagles football fan but a fan of the fans of the Eagles football team...they always let everone know they are number one on TV.......true seazyness,,,yeah baby
2005/07/22 21:29:54
Chris in Indy
ORIGINAL: b rock

See what you started here, Sean? In deference to our younger members here, you'll have to admit that this forum is full of old farts. Someone with a statistical bent could avaerage out the responses and give a median age, but I'd say it's leaning towards middle age (that is, if I live to be 98; extremely doubtful).

Some of us didn't have all these neat toys to play with when we were younger. Just imagine what will be in your future.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account