• Features & Ideas
  • A simple hand tool to grab the screen and move it around in any direction
2015/07/09 01:08:58
Spencer
would undeniably be a much better way to scroll throughout a project than what we have now.
2015/07/09 09:51:28
KPerry
Please no!
2015/07/09 14:28:08
williamcopper
I like it.   I often end up with the scroll bars covered with something else, if I could hit a tool-select shortcut key for such a "hand" it would be great.  
2015/07/09 14:31:15
dcumpian
I think it sounds cool, but I doubt it would be that simple. When you see these "hand" cursors in applications, they are generally over a single object, like an image or document. I voted for it, so we'll see, lol.

Regards,
Dan

2015/07/09 16:38:45
Spencer
It would actually be that simple. *points toward FL, as usual*
2015/07/10 01:54:33
icontakt
I actually thought about posting the same request, but couldn't be confident enough to say it's worth implementing.
But now I think it's worth it (in both TV and PRV). It needs to be enabled easily and quickly, like holding down both the left- and right-click buttons on the mouse temporarily enables the tool. Then the feature would really be handy.

Voted.
2015/07/10 01:56:58
icontakt
I mistakenly gave a thumbs-up to Kevin's post. My intention was the exact opposite. Damn!  

2015/07/10 02:02:38
Spencer
yeah I have one of those gaming mice with 12 buttons and really wouldn't mind mapping that feature to one of them
2015/07/10 05:48:44
KPerry
I'll qualify (I was in a hurry and loathe this way of screen navigation so much, I wanted to get my oar in :-)): scrollbars, cursor keys and mouse wheel scrolling - which is how SONAR and Windows applications navigate - all work in the same way.  Ie. if I want to look at what's under what I'm currently looking at, I move the scrollbar down, I press the down cursor or I drag the mouse wheel down.  A click and drag the contents reverses this completely, so it's inconsistent (and illogical IMHO).

That said, I keep on wanting to hold down the middle mouse button and drag the mouse to scroll like in IE - I'd support that as it's consistent with how all other navigation elements work in SONAR (and is logical!).
2015/07/10 08:47:27
dcumpian
Hey, I completely agree. Improved navigation would be wonderful. I was just saying, as a developer, it probably won't be that easy

Navigation around a large project in Sonar is okay, but could be so much better and faster. The same is true in every DAW I've tried.

Regards,
Dan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account