• Software
  • Looks like I'm going to stick with Sonar.... (p.2)
2017/12/20 04:13:23
djwayne
backwoods
Mesh
Same here....sticking with Sonar as long as possible. Like you said, Sonar's work flow, capabilities, ease of use (my comfort zone), and of course being a long time user of Sonar, I also have a sentimental soft spot for it.

However, I just got Samplitude Pro as my backup.....didn't want to lose out on the deal.

This is exactly what I have done. Hopefully Noel finds a way to let us activate Platinum offline otherwise will just have to make do with X3e :)

I was able to re-activate online thru the Command Center just the other day. I went there to check on my serial numbers and they were all there, it said I had updates available so I tried updating, and while doing that, a pop up said that my program was automatically activated and that I would no longer see the demo version popup. So now I have a fully functioning Sonar Platinum program on my new computer. I was totally surprised by this as last week CC said I had no programs. So apparently Gibson brought the Command Center back to life !!

2017/12/20 14:29:53
raisindot
I'm going to stick with Sonar as long as I can as well. I bought the Magix deal and installed Samplitude, which will be my fallback DAW if Sonar ever breaks. I was seriously thinking about getting Cubase, but after demoing it for several hours I concluded that it was just too overly complicated for me to want to spend the time (and money) on it. 
2017/12/20 17:55:11
michael diemer
For me, the only DAWS I can use are Sonar and Reaper. This is due to how I work in the notation view. Only those two allow my workflow, of the ones I've tried (Cubase, Samplitude, Mixcraft). No interest in PT. As for Logic, not going to spend thousands for a new computer when the one I have works fine. The rest don't even have notation. There's DP, but from what I've heard it also is not the answer.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account