• Software
  • Cubase is genuinely impressing me... (p.2)
2017/12/20 14:37:03
Sir William
Hi Raisindot. Go to the top right hand corner of the screen. There's a little icon you can use to turn off the zones in Cubase. HTH
2017/12/20 14:38:01
Sir William
Hi Raisindot. Go to the top right hand corner of the screen. There's a little icon you can use to turn off the zones in Cubase. HTH
2017/12/20 16:20:21
denverdrummer
The audio setup in Cubase works that for each in and out on your Interface you can either add them in Stereo busses two at a time, or mono busses one at a time, or both.  You can then type in a custom name for your setup and save it as a preset.  It's different than a lot of other DAW's I've seen, but let's say you have an 8x8 audio interface and you are only seeing stereo bus 1 input 1 and 2, you just need to hit the Add stereo buss 3 more times and add stereo pairs 3/4, 5/6, 7/8  and/or add mono bus 1 - input 1, mono bus 2 - input 2, etc.  just  keep adding mono buses to add the devices.  Same thing on the output tab, you add busses for the number of outs, either in stereo or mono, or both.  it's tedious at first, but save your preset, so you can recall it at any time.

And for the "zones" as Cubase calls them, just do as Sir William said, the 3 icons in the upper right hand corner.  One confusing thing that I found is the mix zone doesn't detach, you just hit F3 to bring up a separate mixer pane.  So you can actually have a mixer pane and the mixer zone up at the same time, which is actually kind of cool if you run two monitors and could come in handy.
2017/12/20 17:29:05
mettelus
Sir William

The "X"??

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
2017/12/20 17:53:45
Sir William
mettelus
Sir William

The "X"??

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

😂😂 d'oh!!
2017/12/20 18:10:12
Joe_A
Someone pls remind me when the Cubase special offer ends? (My apologies..)
I'm was planning on getting the EV 15" PLX I believe, powered monitor about 449.00 but don't want to miss the Cubase offer. I think I'm sold on Cubase.....but wife may not appreciate both right now. She's great about these things but at Christmas it may not be a great thing....😊
2017/12/20 18:15:21
anydmusic
Joe_A
Someone pls remind me when the Cubase special offer ends? (My apologies..)
I'm was planning on getting the EV 15" PLX I believe, powered monitor about 449.00 but don't want to miss the Cubase offer. I think I'm sold on Cubase.....but wife may not appreciate both right now. She's great about these things but at Christmas it may not be a great thing....😊

The end of the year so 31st December...
2017/12/20 19:01:28
BrianSzep
jerrydf
I use PRV a lot for VST instruments and I miss the smart (star) tool Sonar had.

jdf

If you right-click a menu pops up. That's sorta their smart tool. I did read on the Cubase forums that they are going to get a smart tool. Didn't say when.

Brian
2017/12/20 19:27:23
jerrydf
Thanks for the book recommendation, Andy, seems like a must-get.
Brian - yes I found the right click menu, it's just not quite as convenient at Sonar's. It's so near that I feel lazy in admitting it, but it's just that right-wrist fine control to select the appropriate tool.

jdf

2017/12/20 19:29:16
BrianSzep
Oh I agree, but it's better than having to move the mouse all over the place. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account