2014/05/28 19:48:17
BenMMusTech
A few weeks ago, I purchased a Yourock guitar.  After reading a few posts on here, where the opinion was mixed...Craig said it was great and a couple said it was a toy I decided to go ahead and purchase, I mean it was 300 bucks what was there to loose.  I've come to the conclusion that in the right hands this device could be a winner and usher in a new age of guitar wizardry.

It's not perfect, the slide capabilities are dubious and I haven't been able to translate my staccato runs yet but I'm willing to blame myself on this one and my limited time with the device.  On saying that as a guitarist who has excellent chord and scale knowledge, to be able to input midi data into Sonar without having to use a midi keyboard is fantastic.  Not only that it creates new textures because your playing guitar chords rather than piano chords.

I'm not sure about live but if you watch the videos you see lots of people who are able to play a certain type of guitar music.  I think if Gibson want to be a part of the midi and DAW scene they should look at purchasing the tech off the guys who came up with the Yourock guitar.  They were suppose to be coming up with a "pro" version and even raised 80,000 bucks I think for development but it seems to have gone cold.  So a big proper guitar company could easily swoop and get in at the ground floor.

IMHO guitar music is dead or dying, the guy from Kasbian (English band) said rock and roll is dying and even the guy from The Artic Monkey's has said a similar thing.  Yes this has been trumpeted before but I must concede it's looking grim, and even though I am a guitarist with almost 30 years of playing experience, I'm bored with the concept of bands.  The Yourock guitar has the potential to reinvigorate music in a way much like the grand piano did for classical when it entered the romantic era...think Beethoven.

Opinions??

Ben  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account