2015/06/30 20:07:31
cityrat
I think it's great that CW is providing content etc.  In my case, I don't really need the extras, but would want to make sure I get any "functional" updates (staff fixes, bug fixes etc).

Is there a way to just choose update the "core" components of the Sonar "engine"?
2015/06/30 20:40:56
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
ERROR:  CCC: install DP update.

Took over 2hours to copy: 3 Mbs connection.

I came back to the computer and OK the DP installation.

I get to a screen that allows me to install the samples, or not.

I do not know if any of the samples have been changed/updated, so I install, again, into the wrong buried folder.

I finish the installation, BUT the CCC is stuck, installing the DP update.

I close the CCC. Restart and select the Melodyne update. All goes as expected.

Does this mean the computer user must respond in a specific window of time? A timeout?

If so, not a good idea.

So, I should be able to:
  select download of samples/content
   select only UPDATED samples/content

And the DP update is still available in CCC. Apparently the DP installer did not tell the CCC it was finished.

Is there an internal dispute prompting this type of non-responsiveness?

2015/06/30 22:39:55
Ibanez Laney
Could Zeta+2 or any other products people own be added as connected products?

Would be nice if everything could be installed from the same place.

2015/06/30 22:48:06
So, I have installed a number of the items UNDER the Sonar folder.

And now I cannot just click on Sonar and install the remaining bits.

I do not like this. Now I will have to install all stuff separately.

This update is making me sad.
2015/07/01 10:36:10
KPerry
Very minor, but if you right click and hide a product in a folder (eg. under SONAR Platinum), the folder collapses rather than staying open.
2015/07/01 13:59:53
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Downloading the Foxboro DP update. It is taking a long time. Way more than two hours when finished.
I want to see the size of each update listed on the description window so I can decide which of the updates I will do when.

C3 does list the size of each update. Below the title and above the description.

And in the case of DP, I want to choose separately any included content.

With Dimension Pro we never made separate installers - its something we can investigate but its outside of the scope of this discussion. I would suggest creating a new thread so others can chime in as well and we can get a good sense of how many people are affected by it.

2015/07/01 14:01:13
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
cityrat

Is there a way to just choose update the "core" components of the Sonar "engine"?

Sure, if you just pick the SONAR installer itself and not any of the child products that would get you just SONAR.
2015/07/01 14:03:06
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Ibanez Laney

Could Zeta+2 or any other products people own be added as connected products?

Would be nice if everything could be installed from the same place. 

Absolutely and its something we're looking into. The only caveat is not all our products can run silently so C3 might not be able to auto-populate the serial number/reg code fields. 
2015/07/01 14:05:03
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

I do not like this. Now I will have to install all stuff separately.

Per the OP the 1.1 update will have both 'Install All' and 'Update All' buttons to make this easierl

This update is making me sad.

Sorry to hear that, we haven't even released it yet and it's making you sad. Hopefully when we get it out the door it will make you happy.
2015/07/01 18:07:27
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Downloading the Foxboro DP update. It is taking a long time. Way more than two hours when finished.
I want to see the size of each update listed on the description window so I can decide which of the updates I will do when.

C3 does list the size of each update. Below the title and above the description.

And in the case of DP, I want to choose separately any included content.

With Dimension Pro we never made separate installers - its something we can investigate but its outside of the scope of this discussion. I would suggest creating a new thread so others can chime in as well and we can get a good sense of how many people are affected by it.

Thank you for your response.

Looking at CCC now and no size info is displayed for DP.

I think my comments about DP are appropriate here, since many of the improvement requests are about being able to select the parts of an update that are pertinent. Especially because we pretty much have to use the CCC to assure all info is correct.

DP download took about 3 hours on a 3 Mps connection. Whatever updates were made to content I doubt they were to all of the samples. And the same goes for all the installers that include large amounts of content that is not needed to update my nearly 15 years of installations.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account