2015/05/04 11:44:08
gmp
Tom Riggs
lawajava, the verbose install option mentioned in the op would give you the same level of control during the install you had in previous versions.

Good to hear. What about installing 32 bit instead of 64 bit Platinum?
2015/05/04 12:38:41
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
gmp

I'm using 32 bit Platinum. I'll eventually go to 64 bit, but for now I need to stay with 32 bit. Will this new improved Command Center allow me to install 32 bit? 

Hi Gerry,

Yes, with the 1.1 update you can enable the verbose option in the settings page and every installer will run with its full UI and allow you to customize paths.
2015/05/04 12:40:18
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Kamikaze
Having unhidden everything earlier. I have just been reminded that when you hid something, it does an update straight after. so if you want to say hide all the loop content, you have to sit through several update checks. The plus side though, is that once they are hidden they are not checked for updates, making hiding them more worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into if we can get 'unhiding' put together for this update.

RE: the update checks, the new update check period option we're adding to the settings page should ease this pain for you.
2015/05/04 12:40:52
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
...wicked
I'm sorry, the wording in in the OP is a little confusing, do you mean to say you are not addressing the following items in a 1.1 update:
  • Multiselect/custom install selections.
  • Download pause/resume
  • Cancel downloads in progress
Meaning these features won't appear in 1.1? 

Yes that is correct, these features will not appear in 1.1
2015/05/04 15:58:24
SF_Green
As far as beginner vs advanced/simple vs. Total control goes, how about adding "basic" and "advanced" selection buttons just like in preferences in Sonar. I would think that would be an easy way to accommodate everyone's needs.
2015/05/05 11:11:50
mudgel
SF_Green
As far as beginner vs advanced/simple vs. Total control goes, how about adding "basic" and "advanced" selection buttons just like in preferences in Sonar. I would think that would be an easy way to accommodate everyone's needs.

As a menu option it's easy to accomodate everyone's needs, but, don't forget the coding to make it happen still has to be done and from Willy's comments there is far more to it.
2015/05/05 23:53:54
Doktor Avalanche
BassDaddy
I don't want to have any 32 bit on my system. I would like all 32 bit plugs marked clearly or put in a folder I can choose to not install.

+1
2015/05/06 04:16:34
mudgel
Doktor Avalanche
BassDaddy
I don't want to have any 32 bit on my system. I would like all 32 bit plugs marked clearly or put in a folder I can choose to not install.

+1

Just install them to a folder outside of your Plugin scanner paths. U til we get more control.
2015/05/06 09:04:49
Doktor Avalanche
... assuming you already know they are 32 bit plugins which is not indicated ;) In the context of this thread it's a request.
2015/05/06 15:44:25
pwalpwal
how about connecting up the problem reporter with ccc, uploading minidumps with sys info etc, to improve bug reporting, help troubleshooting etc
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account