2015/05/12 10:56:05
BobF
Absolutely - date the current version was made available in the store account would be awesome.  The eZine tells us which items to grab, but I would like to visit the store and see the info in clear, unambiguous terms  :)

2015/05/12 11:17:42
Beepster
Ya... I read the eZines and perhaps I should keep it open when I'm actually downloading but I was still a little kermuddled. I also don't necessarily snag everything right away but intend to later. If we had released/last updated detials then I could keep my own log of what I dl'd and/or installed.

A perfect example was the X-Mix loops. I did not recognize that name so thought maybe it was new. So I googled it and it was something from previously releases (so I already had it from those purchases). Having the date and version(s) it came with would have saved me that extra time. And that's just one item in a massive (and generous... seriously ain't complainin') package.

I know it's a LOT to keep track of but the Bakers are in the best position to do this. I was going to start a list myself and post a thread for corrections/additions and to keep an ongoing tally but I'm too scattered, busy and ill to really upkeep something like that for the long term.

Anyway... just some thoughts. Otherwise I'm able to get things done rather easily.
2015/05/12 11:37:16
Beepster
Oh and one other thing that perhaps someone can clue me in on...

As an "offline" installer kind of dude how do I go about rollbacks? Like if Dorchester somehow ends up having a bug that impedes me for whatever reason (so far so good though) how would I roll back? Is that only able to be done in the CCC program or is it within Sonar itself?

The other thing related to this is... I skipped Cambridge so if somehow I can rollback to my previous version within Sonar or via some other method I'm assuming I am stuck with only Braintree (because I did not download Cambridge). I would, maybe want to use Cambridge instead (I'm actually just using this scenario as an example for how things will work as time wears on... I'm assuming Dorchester will be fine based on user reports and my success so far).

I guess what I'm saying is... I did not see a list of previous releases in my account for download. Only Dorchester. So if I wanted to use Cambridge instead, even though I did not dl and install, would I be able to?

If not then my suggestion would be is to have a sub section of releases (for the length of an active subscription) that allows you to download any version released throughout the life of the subscription in perpetuity.*

I am extremely sorry for being ill informed about all this. I have been focusing my available studies/efforts/attention at other things. Much of this I should be asking in the Sonar forum I guess and I will move my queries there but since we were asked for suggestions/concerns here I'd say this falls under that and may help give a little insight as to how some folks may need/desire this new model to operate.

Thank you for even reading this.

Cheers.

*to clarify... I mean once a 12 month subscription is purchased (by whatever method) that every single version that is released during that 12 month is made available in our store accounts for download at any time using either the offline or CCC method. Even after the subscription is over those downloads remain available for download to those users (because they bought the 12 month sub). That way if anyone has a preferred release or bounces between preferred releases to optimize their needs/experience based on specific critereon they can easily do so for as long as the servers are online.
2015/05/12 11:40:14
BobF
Beepster
Oh and one other thing that perhaps someone can clue me in on...

As an "offline" installer kind of dude how do I go about rollbacks? Like if Dorchester somehow ends up having a bug that impedes me for whatever reason (so far so good though) how would I roll back? Is that only able to be done in the CCC program or is it within Sonar itself?

The other thing related to this is... I skipped Cambridge so if somehow I can rollback to my previous version within Sonar or via some other method I'm assuming I am stuck with only Braintree (because I did not download Cambridge). I would, maybe want to use Cambridge instead (I'm actually just using this scenario as an example for how things will work as time wears on... I'm assuming Dorchester will be fine based on user reports and my success so far).

I guess what I'm saying is... I did not see a list of previous releases in my account for download. Only Dorchester. So if I wanted to use Cambridge instead, even though I did not dl and install, would I be able to?

If not then my suggestion would be is to have a sub section of releases (for the length of an active subscription) that allows you to download any version released throughout the life of the subscription in perpetuity.

I am extremely sorry for being ill informed about all this. I have been focusing my available studies/efforts/attention at other things. Much of this I should be asking in the Sonar forum I guess and I will move my queries there but since we were asked for suggestions/concerns here I'd say this falls under that and may help give a little insight as to how some folks may need/desire this new model to operate.

Thank you for even reading this.

Cheers.

All good questions that apply to me as well.  I've been doing the updates expecting to have X3e available if something goes horribly wrong with S-Plat.

BTW, I wasn't dogging you about the eZine ...
2015/05/12 11:45:50
Beepster
Didn't think you were at all, Bob. I dog myself. I'm trying to become a "pro"/"expert" so I get angry at my lack of knowledge when the answers are likely out there. There is just sooooo much to learn. lol

Cheers, bud. :-)
2015/05/12 19:48:39
jazzmann620
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress, the second is does it sync with my online account to see what was installed from there as well or does ir only show what has been downloaded from the command center? other than this i think it is an awesome tool and i love the new platform and direction cakewalk has taken.
2015/05/13 06:29:42
Kamikaze
Everything under the Sonar main heading has turned red again. I don't know why it thinks things like the NY impulses have not been downloaded, and I doubt 'everything' has had some sort of fix applied. This mean that if something has had a change to it, I can't tell. Unless I re-install everything all over again just to reset to green.

If some sort of info could reassure me. such as a date that a change has happened, I could just run that one, and go to the txt file to reset the others to downloaded.
2015/05/13 09:16:19
jbraner
I think the suggested ideas are pretty good. The "verbose" mode and/or ability to just download (but CCC still knows it's there) would give us a way to customise paths and parts of the "FX" or "Synths" sections.

Unhide is another great idea - but you've already got that (it's really not too obvious to go through the xml files)

Once we get the installed modules persistent in the registry - that should be able to help us with those "FX" and "Synths" suites - so we know what's already installed and what may need an update.

I think Willy's ideas are heading in the right direction - and the NI System Center is a good model to follow (although that still screws up all the time telling me that various things from 2008 need to be updated...)
2015/05/16 05:11:17
sylent
This will make my machine and I much happier having the choices.

Can you hear that stretching sound?
That's Sonar growing.... soon it will be mixed with the squealing of other DAWs as they get rolled over and stuck in the tread.

2015/05/24 12:36:25
DDcreations
How do I update CCC? to the newest versoin?

Thanks!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account