2015/05/25 02:06:37
Tom Riggs
@DDcreations the new version mentioned in this thread is not available yet. The OP does not specify a time frame but I'm in hopes that it will be soon.
2015/05/25 05:29:37
Doktor Avalanche
Hopefully it will auto update itself when available.
2015/05/25 06:52:01
DDcreations
Thank you for your reply.

My system uses a SSD of 128gb for the system drive. With additional SSD's for recording, and audio content, plugins.
Having an IT background I modified windows to relocated the appdata folder and move things around. (I don't recommend digging in the registry unless you know what you're doing)

I've been using cakewalk for 4-5 months now, before that I mainly used protools. But I sure fell in love with Sonar Platinum. 
2015/05/25 09:02:25
sharke
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

Another thing worth trying if this happens to you consistently is changing your DNS settings to Google's DNS or Open DNS. I'm geographically closer to New York City. If I use Comcast's (a cable provider here in the US) DNS I end up getting downloads from Atlanta and Washington D.C. that are about a 3rd slower.

I was having terrible connection problems a couple of years ago, especially around midnight. So I called Time Warner Cable and demanded to speak to a real technician, not the same idiots who had been fobbing me off with scripted BS. This technician immediately told me to change my DNS settings to Google DNS. I did so, and the problems stopped instantly.
2015/05/25 16:49:27
Doktor Avalanche
Yup always a good idea.. I use OpenDNS.
There could be repercussion though. Your DNS is not local so if you internet is two tier be careful. Also streaming may slow down (or even speed up) such as netflix.

It's really good for reliability. Large downloads may speed up or slow down depending on your situation.
2015/05/28 18:46:58
Zargg
pwalpwal

how about connecting up the problem reporter with ccc, uploading minidumps with sys info etc, to improve bug reporting, help troubleshooting etc

This. +1
2015/06/03 18:46:27
malcolmd
Update Check with 24 hour default seems fine...  maybe an optional update now button.
2015/06/03 23:15:23
stevec
After reading a few posts on the SONAR forum one suggestion I'd have is to use actual headers for those items that have sub-categories; e.g., have the "SONAR" download link under a "Core Downloads" (or similar) header instead of it being its own download link with others below it.    If that makes sense.
2015/06/04 10:25:52
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
lsisaxon
Hi, I have a connection that requires a proxy server. Is there a possibility to allow a connection via a proxy server that requires login and password?

We'll add this to our backlog but it is not something we're planning for 1.1. I would be interested to hear though if other users are in this same situation.
2015/06/04 10:33:32
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Beepster

1) The date specific items were last updated/when they were released
2) A list of previous Sonar versions each item was included with going back to say... oh Sonar 8 (but I'm sure older users would like it to go back further)
3) More isolated downloads in nested folders so we can either click on the parent sownload link to get all the contents in a folder or click an "Expand" button to get download links for smaller chunks of that download and preferably a final "Expand" button to show individual items like specific VSTs, instruments, libraries, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I just updated the OP with additional information that partially addresses some of your requests. 

1) We're not keeping track of dates but the product display now shows both your current version and the latest version. To make it easier if you want to decided to update. The latest version text is a clickable link that brings you to our website with more details

2) That would be really hard to fit into C3's UI . While we're in the process of keeping links current for releases though I can see about including some of that information on the web pages

3) We're not modular enough yet to get down to individual VST's but that might be possible in the future. C3 does support any number of files per product, right now those files just happen to be full installers. 

RE: #3 and super modularity - is this something you would use every time or just every now and again to see if a VST you use often has changed?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account