2015/06/04 10:41:04
jbraner
RE: #3 and super modularity - is this something you would use every time or just every now and again to see if a VST you use often has changed?

I think people would use it a lot - for example when they don't want to install some VSTs from a bundle...
2015/06/04 10:51:40
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
jazzmann620
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress

hmm that sounds like something weird might be going on. There is an orange progress bar across the bottom that updates % downloaded while it's downloading. If you're not seeing this I'd encourage you to either contact our support folks or create a problem report.

jazzmann620
the second is does it sync with my online account to see what was installed from there as well or does ir only show what has been downloaded from the command center? 

It only shows what has been downloaded on the computer it is running on. We could potentially display that information on our website as well but its not data that we are currently collecting or storing so it would be a fair amount of work to do it and also make it handle folks with multiple computers etc.

I'm not sure I totally understand the use case though of displaying that information on the website - is it strictly just an informational thing or is there some awesome thing I'm missing?
2015/06/04 10:54:15
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
DDcreations
How do I update CCC? to the newest versoin?

Thanks!

When an update is available C3 will notify and prompt you to update. 
2015/06/04 16:47:37
rontarrant
I'd like to suggest that CCC detect that I already have Melodyne and Dimension installed. What came with Platinum were the same as what I already had, but CCC sits there oblivious.
2015/06/15 17:54:52
Zargg
Any ETA on CCC update? Looking forwards to it
2015/06/15 22:40:08
Susan G
lfmIf we get an check option to download chm help file separately - would be nice. In reality Sonar took maybe 15-20 minutes tops. But you had to spend 90 minutes with all tuts just to get help file.

Hi-

+ lots. I really hope they address this. I exchanged emails with CW back in March about it and was told that there were "upcoming changes in the way it's downloaded" so we wouldn't have to download the same tutorials over and over again just to get the latest documentation. The Everett download still required downloading "SONAR Tutorials" to get the latest help files and that took by far the longest of the whole package.

Thanks-

-Susan

2015/06/18 23:47:30
ricoskyl
I can echo support for the CCC connection to contact Cakewalk support.  All of the info--serial numbers in particular--is available in Command Center and could be bundled with support contact.   The right information sent to the right people?  Would that simplify support services?

2015/06/19 13:08:02
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Zargg71

Any ETA on CCC update? Looking forwards to it

Persisting installed versions in the registry requires us to update all the other installers as well to write this value. We have been doing that as we update them. We're aiming to release this update sometime after the next SONAR update which should have all the installers updated.
2015/06/19 13:30:34
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G
Hi- 
+ lots. I really hope they address this. I exchanged emails with CW back in March about it and was told that there were "upcoming changes in the way it's downloaded" so we wouldn't have to download the same tutorials over and over again just to get the latest documentation. The Everett download still required downloading "SONAR Tutorials" to get the latest help files and that took by far the longest of the whole package. 
Thanks- 
-Susan

I think we might be talking about two different things or maybe I'm not following?

The documentation has been separate from the tutorials since Dorchester (end of April). They're listed as 'SONAR Tutorials' and 'SONAR Local Documentation' in C3 and the My Account -> Products page.
2015/06/19 23:58:28
Susan G
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G
Hi- 
Thanks- 
-Susan

I think we might be talking about two different things or maybe I'm not following?

The documentation has been separate from the tutorials since Dorchester (end of April). They're listed as 'SONAR Tutorials' and 'SONAR Local Documentation' in C3 and the My Account -> Products page.

Hi Willy-

I just deleted the SONAR Platinum PDF and CHM files and ran the "SONAR Local Documentation" download from C3.  Sure enough, it includes the .chm and .pdf files, but the .pdf files are still dated 1/19/2015 and the SONAR Reference Guide.pdf doesn't include any reference to newer features like the Virtual Keyboard, for example. The .chm file, dated 5/27/2015, is current with the new features. Are those in fact the latest PDFs, if you know? I'm guessing what happened is when I updated to Everett I didn't see an update to the .pdf and assumed (yeah, I know ) that the update was included in the Tutorials.

Maybe I missed a post about the Reference Guide.pdf not being updated? That's entirely possible.

Thanks-

-Susan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account