2015/06/20 00:14:51
scook
Historically the PDF is a static snapshot of the original release chm, the chm is updated with every release and the web help is the most current with updates made between releases. With the frequency of updates now, the chm and web help seem to get updated around the same time. It appears the Reference Guide is still a static document.
2015/06/20 00:19:37
Susan G
scook
Historically the PDF is a static snapshot of the original release chm, the chm is updated with every release and the web help is the most current with updates made between releases. With the frequency of updates now, the chm and web help seem to get updated around the same time. It appears the Reference Guide is still a static document.

OK, Steve. Thanks for the clarification!

-Susan
2015/06/20 15:21:44
Love
I was wondering about all of the many latest features that are adding each month to the cakewalk command center. What if sonar platinum was able to run without installing it. You know how when downloading somethings, it offer to say or run. What if sonar platinum could do this. Can you image the space that sonar's users could saved, if you could open open sonar without saving it to your computer
If anyone have a better idea in the mean time, please inform me, because we all of the new awesome features that cakewalk keep coming out with each month, I am afraid that I might run out of space to save it. Call me greedy or what but I love using all of cakewalk's products.
2015/06/21 00:01:23
havemose
I would like to suggest that Command Center grows the ability to validate an install. For instance, I noticed that my Platinum Everett Update 1 was missing ALL the "Content Collections" in Audio Library even though they all showed as green. I should not have to manually click "reinstall" on every single item "Sonar Platinum". Not to mention that they shouldn't be missing in the first place. I only noticed when I got a browser error trying to locate the "Audio Library", which was missing.
2015/06/22 11:46:44
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G

Hi Willy-

I just deleted the SONAR Platinum PDF and CHM files and ran the "SONAR Local Documentation" download from C3.  Sure enough, it includes the .chm and .pdf files, but the .pdf files are still dated 1/19/2015 and the SONAR Reference Guide.pdf doesn't include any reference to newer features like the Virtual Keyboard, for example. The .chm file, dated 5/27/2015, is current with the new features. Are those in fact the latest PDFs, if you know? I'm guessing what happened is when I updated to Everett I didn't see an update to the .pdf and assumed (yeah, I know ) that the update was included in the Tutorials.

Maybe I missed a post about the Reference Guide.pdf not being updated? That's entirely possible.

Thanks-

-Susan

Hi Susan,

The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 
2015/06/22 23:45:32
Susan G
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G

Hi Willy-

I just deleted the SONAR Platinum PDF and CHM files and ran the "SONAR Local Documentation" download from C3.  Sure enough, it includes the .chm and .pdf files, but the .pdf files are still dated 1/19/2015 and the SONAR Reference Guide.pdf doesn't include any reference to newer features like the Virtual Keyboard, for example. The .chm file, dated 5/27/2015, is current with the new features. Are those in fact the latest PDFs, if you know? I'm guessing what happened is when I updated to Everett I didn't see an update to the .pdf and assumed (yeah, I know ) that the update was included in the Tutorials.

Maybe I missed a post about the Reference Guide.pdf not being updated? That's entirely possible.

Thanks-

-Susan

Hi Susan,

The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 

Hi Willy-

I won't speak for others, but for me, as long as the Local Documentation download has the current .chm file and I don't have to download the Tutorials package each time, I'm pretty much okay with that.

In a perfect world, the Reference Guide.pdf would be updated in the same download as well. I would think CW is using one-source documentation, so creating a PDF and CHM from the same source shouldn't be a big deal anyway.

Thanks-

-Susan
2015/06/24 19:12:49
cparmerlee
For me the CCC window is always chopped at the right.  I don't think I am missing anything too important, but it is impossible to see the entire window.  This needs to be fixed.

You have mentioned giving full control over file placement.  That needs to include the ability to correct the situation that many of us have now where our C drive has lots of data that we really wanted to have on other drives.  The CCC should support a move mode or else enable a "reinstall" feature that removes the old stuff and installs where we really want it, but without losing our other settings.
2015/06/24 19:35:29
charlyg
Love
I was wondering about all of the many latest features that are adding each month to the cakewalk command center. What if sonar platinum was able to run without installing it. You know how when downloading somethings, it offer to say or run. What if sonar platinum could do this. Can you image the space that sonar's users could saved, if you could open open sonar without saving it to your computer
If anyone have a better idea in the mean time, please inform me, because we all of the new awesome features that cakewalk keep coming out with each month, I am afraid that I might run out of space to save it. Call me greedy or what but I love using all of cakewalk's products.

At storage prices these days, it's not much of a concern to me. My total space used is about 250 gb. I have 2tb of data drive free, and also I am fully backed up at Onedrive due to Office 365. Space hasn't been an issue for a while. One of my internal 1tb drives is a 2.5 mounted in an adapter along with my SSD. Plus I had another 750 gb 2.5  that I put into a small USB 3 case..... I have a spare 450 2.5 but it only spins at 5400....so it's in the drawer!

All I'm saying, is with a little creativity. storage space is "cake".

Oh, and to the other fellow, that sounds like your resolution/monitor size is out of whack.
2015/06/25 05:13:44
mudgel
charlyg
Love

At storage prices these days, it's not much of a concern to me. My total space used is about 250 gb. I have 2tb of data drive free, and also I am fully backed up at Onedrive due to Office 365. Space hasn't been an issue for a while. One of my internal 1tb drives is a 2.5 mounted in an adapter along with my SSD. Plus I had another 750 gb 2.5  that I put into a small USB 3 case..... I have a spare 450 2.5 but it only spins at 5400....so it's in the drawer!

All I'm saying, is with a little creativity. storage space is "cake".

Oh, and to the other fellow, that sounds like your resolution/monitor size is out of whack.

Even without any enhancement to CCC I have the downloads all going to another HDD. If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download. I like to keep all those files. I don't know why really but I do keep them all.
2015/06/25 05:20:10
jbraner
If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download.

Mike,
FYI - CCC keeps all the old copies of downloads - in case you want to "revert" to an older version...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account